i need help

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cookie5ltr

i need help

Post by cookie5ltr »

Hi all, i have a project im working on. im VERY NEW to this. im stuck... at moment its a 2d drawing. but i need to make cut outs and holes in it but it wont let me.. i dont even know how to send pics of it on this!!!! PLZ HELP ME
chrisb
Veteran

Re: i need help

Post by chrisb »

Hi cookie5ltr, welcome.
If you want some personal payd assistance your post is well placed in the Job offers subforum, but the contents sound rather like a general Help request. If the latter is the case, let us know and a moderator can move your post.

FreeCAD is a 3D modeler and you will have to invest some effort to learn how to create models. You should have a look at the Tutorials page and I recommend to start with the PartDesign tutorials.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
cookie5ltr

Post by cookie5ltr »

kind of, ive tried everything i know to do this. but i cant work it out. id be willing to pay someone to make a few things for me to 3d print off!!!!
Richard000

Post by Richard000 »

Please check PM
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

cookie5ltr wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 am Hi all, i have a project im working on. im VERY NEW to this. im stuck... at moment its a 2d drawing. but i need to make cut outs and holes in it but it wont let me.. i dont even know how to send pics of it on this!!!! PLZ HELP ME
what format is your 2d drawing in? Is it a dxf file or a pdf or a physical paper drawing or a jpeg scan of a drawing etc.?

Is you drawing secret? Do you own the copyright?
cookie5ltr wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 am i dont even know how to send pics of it on this!!!

You can attach them to a post or a PM but not until after your first post was approved (anti-spam necessity), which it now has been. Look below the box you type a message into, there is a tab "attachments', click on it.

If you can share the drawing, you will get a lot of help for free in the Help forum.