MSVC2013 c++11 support

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: MSVC2013 c++11 support

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm Thanks, it was BUILD_QT5 ;)
Cool, the new Libpack has NetGen support too.
"fight the good fight"
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

saso wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm Thanks, it was BUILD_QT5
So now it is stuck with finding libboost:

Code: Select all

-- C:/projects/freecad/build/src/Mod/Path/App/FeatureAreaPy.cpp
-- Could NOT find Boost
-- Could NOT find Boost
CMake Error at cmake-3.14.1-win64-x64/share/cmake-3.14/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:2132 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.
  Boost version: 1.67.0
  Boost include path: C:/projects/freecad/FreeCADLibs/include
  Could not find the following Boost libraries:
          boost_python
  No Boost libraries were found.  You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
  directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
  Boost.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/Mod/Path/libarea/CMakeLists.txt:26 (find_package)
-- area module (for Path Workbench) will be installed to: lib
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sasobad ... s/23636105
sgrogan wrote:...ping...
Any ideas?
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

saso wrote:
I found this link:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p135178

It says "it needed to delete the cache". Not sure what this means in an appimage where it should not be one... :?
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

abdullah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:24 am So now it is stuck with finding libboost
Yes, by default it does not find the boost that is included in the libpack. If I set BOOST_ROOT=C:\Libraries\boost_1_67_0 (this is the boost library that is included in appveyor) or copy this to the libpack folder it will find the boost and run but then it breaks again by not finding boost_python from the Path/libarea/CMakeLists.txt possible because the boost_python from the C:\Libraries\boost_1_67_0 is py2 https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sasobad ... 43866#L267 ... I guess something is missing from the boost in the libpack or something has to be changed in the cmake files :| maybe sgrogan, werner or apeltauer will understand the issue better
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:04 am maybe sgrogan, werner or apeltauer will understand the issue better
It looks like somehow CMake is fighting system boost/Libpack boost. Locally everything is found for me automatically, but I don't have a system installed boost.
You can try to brute force set all the libboost paths. You only need to set the release ones.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (85.62 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
"fight the good fight"
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

I think you need to set "FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR" as an environment variable and point it to the libpack directory. Then everything should be found in from the libpack...
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

apeltauer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 pm I think you need to set "FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR" as an environment variable and point it to the libpack directory. Then everything should be found in from the libpack...
FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR is set and working. Appveyor has several boost versions available by default https://www.appveyor.com/docs/windows-i ... are/#boost, but I am guessing that non of this are actually installed on the system so by default cmake does not see them, when I set BOOST_ROOT=C:\Libraries\boost_1_67_0 it sort of starts to work but then breaks at boost_python from the Path/libarea/CMakeLists.txt, I am guessing because there is py2 and we need py3...

Can you maybe pack your installed boost directory as an extra package and make it available on github next to libpack. I would then try to just download and unpack it and point the cmake to it... ? I could try to download, build and install it from the source but this will only take more time from each build.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:35 pm FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR is set and working.
There seems to be a difference if FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR is set as a CMake variable or a system variable.
"fight the good fight"
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:18 pm Locally everything is found for me automatically, but I don't have a system installed boost.
Interesting, I was thinking it must be working for you because you probably have a system installed boost :|
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:42 pm There seems to be a difference if FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR is set as a CMake variable or a system variable.
:?: Can you explain this more directly