yorik wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:39 pm
- Make a better and reliable way to click edit points
I think I'm not able to do it.
I wonder if this wouldn't be a perfect moment to rethink the Draft Edit tool to maybe be rewritten from scratch, and make it way more powerful, basically:
YES, I already started a rewriting, but dont know if I went in the right way. In the experiment i did:
- the editNodes are smarter: they are created on selection (the creation observer is limited to a maximum number of object, and performances seems to not suffer at all); they remember which object they belong to; they start object editing on click.
- like this it would be easy to "Be able to work on multiple objects at a same time", just adding nodes to a list before applying the vector.
The main point is: the node display should be activated by a command or is just a Draft addition to standard selection? Read: Is the edit nodes tool more similar to move/rotate/scale or more similar to Snap? You know my position
- Be able to work on just any kind of shape-based FreeCAD object
We could adopt this behaviour (consistently with moult work for move/rotate/scale (?)):
- if the user select the whole object nodes are displayed for every subentity (atual behaviour), limiting the max number of subobjects the tool can parse;
- if the user select a subelement: nodes are displayed just for selected edge.
- Be able to recognize and sort the internal geometry of objects (which edge belongs to what face, what is an arc, what is a line, etc)
This seems tough... (i think this go with the topic https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35466
- For objects of a known parametric type, ex. Draft objects, it would allow to store the changes parametrically, for others it would just edit the shape
It's like windows editing or wall height node I was implementing, some nodes are just meant to modify parameters. (+1, I think this is not so difficult to implement, just long, since have to be customized for every different object type).
What do u think?