Concrete branch ready for testing

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Post by bernd »

thanks harry for testing ...

HarryvL wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 am 1) It looks like you added back in a standard directory for CCX file saving. However when you change that to your own directory it doesn't stick. So next time you want to save you get sent back to the default.
no, I did not switch back, I improved the directory handling once again. Seams not yet as good as the former one. :( Could you be more specific. What does not work for you?

HarryvL wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 am 2) Concrete friction angle is not set to a default value. If left blank then FC crashes upon post processing
3) There is no unit specified for friction angle, so it is unclear if you need to put it in degrees or radians. If only a value is added (say 30) then again post processing crashes with:

Code: Select all

File "/home/harry/FC_Dev/Build/Mod/Fem/femresult/resulttools.py", line 381, in add_principal_stress_reinforced
    matrix_af = float(FreeCAD.Units.Quantity(obj.Material['AngleOfFriction']).getValueAs('rad'))
ValueError: Unit mismatch
4) Same issue as 2) above for yield strength of steel
5) If I manually correct the above (add friction angle 0.3 rad and yield strength 500 MPa) then I still get a crash in post processing:
The short answer is https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... #L344-L346

Check user inputs is one of the most import developments for a software and one which does not make much fun :) I will have a look.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 am
1) It looks like you added back in a standard directory for CCX file saving. However when you change that to your own directory it doesn't stick. So next time you want to save you get sent back to the default.
no, I did not switch back, I improved the directory handling once again. Seams not yet as good as the former one. :( Could you be more specific. What does not work for you?
I set up my own directory and save/run CCX. Then when I rerun CCX it has forgotten about my earlier choice and offers the standard directory again.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 am The short answer is https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... #L344-L346
Thanks Bernd. I tried a few things, but I always get an error at post-processing stage. What material settings do I need to use to make my case run?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Frame2D_BHB_for_harry.FCStd
(522.47 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Reinforcement ration in x-direction
Screenshot_20190410_160332.png
Screenshot_20190410_160332.png (552.98 KiB) Viewed 817 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

HarryvL wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:07 am
bernd wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 am The short answer is https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... #L344-L346
Thanks Bernd. I tried a few things, but I always get an error at post-processing stage. What material settings do I need to use to make my case run?
I added a commit which sets the min reinforcement ratio to 0.0 if not given. If you gone use the new materials "Concrete-Harry" and "Reinforcement-Harry" your files should be run.

cheers bernd
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

Cool 😎. I didn’t see those materials in the list so simply chose concrete and steel. That must be the problem.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:05 pm If you gone use the new materials "Concrete-Harry" and "Reinforcement-Harry" your files should be run.
Sorry Bernd, but there are no materials with such names in my drop-down list.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

have you activated all path in FEM material prefs?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

or use the most not smart method and copy the files from here https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... 9f43b8eff3 to a path on your computer and activate the user defined material path in FEM mat pref.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 pm have you activated all path in FEM material prefs?
Yes I have, but still they don't show up. I will copy from the link you provided.