Editing and moving and copying primitives within a sketch...

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Brane212

Editing and moving and copying primitives within a sketch...

Post by Brane212 »

HI all,

I'm having troubles designing my sketch which contain arcs, connected with lines under certain angle. ( For a rough approximation, imagine the "X, being drawn with an 30ish mm long 9mm wide legs and rounded ends. )

I have difficulties constraining arcs to such lines and would find it very useful if I could:

- copy& paste & transform anything within a sketch
- edit its properties once it is placed. On the left all I can see is sketch, not individual lines, arcs etc within it.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Editing and moving and copying primitives within a sketch...

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hi!
There is no general possibility to transform stuff within sketcher, you can only transform it within constraints by dragging its points. So you have to make a primitive with the constraints that it can be rotated and scaled, and then use Sketcher Clone to make copies.

It may also be handy to copy and transform the whole sketch as a unit. Use Edit->Duplicate for that.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hi,

Brane212 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 am - edit its properties once it is placed. On the left all I can see is sketch, not individual lines, arcs etc within it.
I don't understand that statement. What properties do you speak of? In sketch editing mode, the Tasks tab at the left has an Elements list that lists all the elements (lines, arcs...) in the sketch.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Brane212 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 am - copy& paste & transform anything within a sketch
copy, clone, array, tools are available within sketcher, scroll down page on the wiki Sketcher_Workbench.
Brane212 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 am I have difficulties constraining arcs to such lines
Also on the same page there is a Tangent constraint, it is likely that you want to use that to constrain your arcs to the lines, but do so by only selecting their end points so that the tangent is applied and the points are made coincident. Click on the "Tangent" constraint in the page I linked to above and it will take to the correct page in the wiki for a detailed explanation.

Please always post your current FreeCAD version data in the manner explained in the forum rules link above the Help forum. The above features have been in FreeCAD for some time, perhaps your version is obsolete.