Changing pad length in property editor does not update gui for latest dev version

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
f3nix

Re: Changing pad length in property editor does not update gui for latest dev version

Post by f3nix »

wmayer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:55 pm No, I don't have to click the Recompute if I don't want to. I can click the Recompute button if the editor widget that has changed a property still has the focus to manually update the document. Otherwise the document will be updated automatically as soon as the editor widget loses the focus.
Hi @wmayer.

I can confirm change in the behaviour.
I have traced the commit that introduced it: 442e2dd381f012cb190aeb862f289ce4f70eae01

To reproduce it change the property value and hit enter key. When the property loses focus the document is not updated. You have to recompute manually.

Before this commit you could change the value and hit enter and the document would update automatically.

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15183 (Git)
Build type: Debug
Branch: (no branch, bisect started on 0e948db5a)
Hash: 442e2dd381f012cb190aeb862f289ce4f70eae01
Python version: 2.7.16
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Polish/Poland (pl_PL)
Cheers,
Mateusz
wmayer
Founder

Re: Changing pad length in property editor does not update gui for latest dev version

Post by wmayer »

To reproduce it change the property value and hit enter key. When the property loses focus the document is not updated. You have to recompute manually.
So, the difference is to press the Enter/Return key which is actually not needed at all. However, I can confirm when doing so it doesn't recompute the document. I'll put it on my to-do list.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

We have discussed this in some other topic: Tab recomputes, while enter only marks for recompute. I would expect it to be the other way round.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

wmayer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm I'll put it on my to-do list.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Mateusz