Experienced FreeCAD developers needed

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
roerich_64
Veteran

Re: Experienced FreeCAD developers needed

Post by roerich_64 »

Uhhh,

in Hollywood-Films comes out of those conversations the best Love Stories :lol: :twisted:

br
Walter
Die Liebe wird siegen, denn sie ist unzerstörbar :) ;)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

yea, the defensiveness is definitely a red flag. I agree with @chrisb that it would be a courteous gesture to be more transparent with your agenda.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

anna wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 am Now coming to the point why I never share any queries in the chat so I guess for that only PM option is there right!!! If I would have any queries then I will PM the client in spite of sharing on chat.
So if someone has issues with this than remove your PM option and we will paste all our queries directly on job post. People who have nothing to do post such kind of rubbish things just to remove their competitors.
1) There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning money with FreeCAD.

2) I am not interested in the discussions with your customers. I was rather talking about giving here and there an answer, sharing some of your knowledge. I'm sure you would rather gain than loose any customer by offering some help for free, thus showing your competence. And I asked how you have learned FreeCAD because it might shed some light on the wiki, the tutorials, the online help.
If you are too busy for that because you have to earn money all day, you still can consider to support FreeCAD on the financial side.

3) I am not really interested in certificates, albethey in gold, it's something more subtle. FreeCAD is an open source project. And in this sentence we have the notion of "free" - and it has been pointed out before that this means rather freedom than free beer - and the notion of "open", and this is open minded, open to other people, it has something to do with integrity.

I have never met any person from the forum in real life. I don't know if Jim is an old malodorous woman living near the northpole or Normand's pet is in reality a cuddly Boa Constrictor. But I'm sure that if I ever get to Australia, Brasil, or Canada I could have some nice talks about CADs, CATs or COWs.

I can understand that people want to keep their privacy and don't show too much of it in such a forum. But a company hiding behind a name that suggests - at least where I live - to be a young girl with some knowledge about CAD has the smell of dishonesty which is from my point of view inappropriate in such a forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

jmaustpc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 am I removed your email address, don't post email addresses in plain text, spammers are enough of a pain,
I am actually quite offended when moderators wipe out my personal details, thinking they help me fight spam or something. It has happened to me (not here). I feel I am the one to decide what I'm all right about sharing with the internet, not someone else.

Registering on the forum might be a barrier for one interested in replying; furthermore, newly registered users can't send PMs before first approved post. And they may not be all-right about publicly replying. Then, it becomes a big barrier.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

If I had seen personal contact informations in the forum I have reminded the members to remove them, because I don't want to edit posts of foreign members. But I had always the feeling that more should be done. Jim has done more, which is in most case the rigth thing - although not always.

Perhaps we can agree to remove such things once, telling the user that he can reinsert them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

We are an ISO and CMMI level 3 Certified IT company, Microsoft Gold Certified Partners. We are having a big in house team of more than 850+ experts and proven track record of 14+ years in the field of CAD, Web and Mobile app development.
Notice how FreeCAD has been completely left out of this summary. I'd wager they don't even know it's the name of the software we promote the use of here. Are "Microsoft Gold Certified Partners" in the habit of using and promoting open source software?

From the day of its creation, I've been very skeptical about the real use of this Jobs offers forum. None of the experienced FreeCAD users on the forum are offering their services (we probably all have day jobs, at least I hope so for everyone here), for all we know none of those few who offer their services know FreeCAD at all.

Why facilitate jobs offers and job applicants here if they don't even relate to FreeCAD? We are not a general CAD forum, we are a forum about FreeCAD.
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

NormandC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 am Why facilitate jobs offers and job applicants here if they don't even relate to FreeCAD? We are not a general CAD forum, we are a forum about FreeCAD.
Fully agree with NormandC. The "4 freedoms" that generally apply to free-software can be summarized as use+copy+modify+redistribute: using the resources of the forum for self-promotion is not included and, if not backed-up by a support of any kind to the project, seems at least a not fully correct policy.
NormandC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 am From the day of its creation, I've been very skeptical about the real use of this Jobs offers forum.
[..] for all we know none of those few who offer their services know FreeCAD at all.
This may be discussed further: in any case job offers are always related to FC. There is a chance that the job could lead to future contributions. As a minimum it spreads the knowledge about FC and its features.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

I ended up here after clicking a link in another post:
frank 123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 am please reach me out through Skype : cis.am3 or email me more details at frank@cisinlabs.com

Thanks
Frank
chrisb wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am This Frank seems to come from the same company as well known anna, with whom we had a more or less unpleasant discussion, perhaps it is even the same person.

I ended up here after clicking the link in that forum discussion, and I read this:
NormandC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 am
We are an ISO and CMMI level 3 Certified IT company, Microsoft Gold Certified Partners. We are having a big in house team of more than 850+ experts and proven track record of 14+ years in the field of CAD, Web and Mobile app development.
Notice how FreeCAD has been completely left out of this summary.
After looking into this a bit, it seems FreeCAD is omitted from more than that summary.

cisinlabs.com url redirects to cisin.com. At the time of this reply, they note that their supported Architectural Design Tools are AutoCad, Maya, Autodesk Revit, Blender, 3ds Max, and Sketchup, see https://www.cisin.com/service/cad-cam-a ... rvices.htm . Supported Mechanical Design Tools are AutoCad, SolidEdge, Autodesk Inventor, Catia, and SolidWorks. Supported Electrical Design Tools are AutoCAD, PS CAD, PLC Scada, and Matlab. Supported Animation Tools are 3ds Max, Blender, Maya, Photoshop, V-Ray, and Premiere.

I didn't see FreeCAD mentioned anywhere there.

Their website claims offices in the U.S. (California), Singapore, UK/EU, South Africa, and India. The bottom of their web page states: "Cyber Infrastructure, "CIS" - Central India's Largest Technology Company".

The following is all public information which can be verified by anyone, I believe it is accurate but I can't guarantee that:
The Articles of Incorporation for Cyber Infrastructure, Inc. displayed after searching on the California Secretary of State website shows a filing date of Jan 11, 2017. Article 3 of the Articles of Incorporation lists the corporation's initial agent as GKL Corporate/Search, Inc. with an address of 2880 Zanker Road, Suite 203, San Jose, CA 95134. This seems to be the address of what they call their California "office".

There was another California corporation named Cyber Infrastructure Inc with Articles of Incorporation filed Aug 02, 2010 and which by shareholder vote was dissolved on Nov 23, 2011, with its Articles of Incorporation looking quite similar.
rachel14

Post by rachel14 »

Hi,

If you are still looking for developer then i can help.

Reach me at : rachel at cisinlabs dot com.

Rachel
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

rachel14 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:08 am Hi,

If you are still looking for developer then i can help.

Reach me at : rachel at ....
@rachel14 LOL have you read the full thread? Your quite late to the party.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs