multi-user install

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

nic

multi-user install

Post by nic »

Hello cfdOF team,

First of all, congratulations for your amazing efforts!

I have a question regarding installation of cfMesh and HISA. How can I make the installation/compilation available to all the users on the same machine? By default, they are compiled into /home/<user>/OpenFOAM/<user>-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin.

I guess there are some magic environment variable to set up for ''wmake'' to build in a common repository (something like /opt/openfoam-6-additional would be perfect).
oliveroxtoby

Re: multi-user install

Post by oliveroxtoby »

nic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:23 pm Hello cfdOF team,

First of all, congratulations for your amazing efforts!

I have a question regarding installation of cfMesh and HISA. How can I make the installation/compilation available to all the users on the same machine? By default, they are compiled into /home/<user>/OpenFOAM/<user>-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin.

I guess there are some magic environment variable to set up for ''wmake'' to build in a common repository (something like /opt/openfoam-6-additional would be perfect).
At the moment the executables build to $FOAM_USER_APPBIN and the libraries to $FOAM_USER_LIBBIN. You could try moving them to $FOAM_SITE_APPBIN and $FOAM_SITE_LIBBIN instead. If you open a terminal and first enter

Code: Select all

source /opt/openfoam-6/etc/bashrc
, then the command

Code: Select all

echo $FOAM_SITE_APPBIN
(and similarly for LIBBIN) will tell if these directories are in a shared location. I'm not sure it is setup of for the distribution you are using.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
nic

Re: multi-user install

Post by nic »

Hello Oliver,

Systems used are Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10. I can confirm that those environment variables exist (at least on 18.10, no access to 18.04 right now) and point to the appropriate locations. I'll modify my ansible's role accordingly and let you know if the results are as expected.

Thanks for your support