Another FOSS project making the 1.0 jump: SuperTuxKart

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Another FOSS project making the 1.0 jump: SuperTuxKart

Post by kkremitzki »

http://blog.supertuxkart.net/2019/04/su ... lease.html
Yes, if you have followed our development a bit, that might be a bit of a surprise. But we have been asked why we don't call this release 1.0, and the majority of us developers discussed this and decided that indeed this release is a major milestone that deserves the big 1.0 number.
Interesting to note in light of the discussion to bump FreeCAD to 1.0 and the fanfare that goes with it.

It's a pretty fun game too for those who haven't tried it! It's cool seeing the mascots of various FOSS projects racing around, and almost makes me wish FreeCAD had a mascot as well (separate from a logo.)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Another FOSS project making the 1.0 jump: SuperTuxKart

Post by chrisb »

I have no idea how a mascot should look like, but I would call it "Freek".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Tyson Tan is an artist who draws mascots for FOSS projects, he suggested a beaver which seems a reasonable place to start.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

kkremitzki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:44 am It's a pretty fun game too for those who haven't tried it!
have you noticed how badly it effects the performance of FreeCAD though? yeah, when my kids find it and I can't get my computer back! :D
chrisb wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 am I have no idea how a mascot should look like, but I would call it "Freek".
I was going to say that all we have to do is change the last two letters and then we could have a mascot named "FreeCOW"! :)

But then I thought about all those pet images, so many had cats, so then I thought all we have to do is slightly change the last letter, since a "T" and a "D" sound similar ...we get "FreeCAT"! :D

Or "Skat" the sketcher cat! Or if we have to lower ourselves to dog owners ..... "Fetcher the Sketcher" :)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

jmaustpc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 am ...we get "FreeCAT"! :D
+1
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

chrisb wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:25 pm
jmaustpc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 am ...we get "FreeCAT"! :D
+1
+1
mfasano

Post by mfasano »

I remember someone drew a man made of screws and nuts and was discussed as possible mascot.
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

If you are thinking about a mascot, it would be better to call for a "FreeCAD's Mascot Design Contest" here in the forum. I would like to draw some designs.
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project