Release of 0.18

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Mark Szlazak

Re: Release of 0.18

Post by Mark Szlazak »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm The website has been updated for the 0.18 release. Announcement time?
You better check how this page looks on an iPad. Twitter icon/button is massive, there is no 0.18 after FreeCAD and the down pointing arrowhead just below looks kind of small.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Mark Szlazak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm The website has been updated for the 0.18 release. Announcement time?
You better check how this page looks on an iPad. Twitter icon/button is massive, there is no 0.18 after FreeCAD and the down pointing arrowhead just below looks kind of small.
I can't reproduce this with the iPad view mode in Firefox's developer tools. Can you try clearing the cache on your device and see if that helps things?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Mark Szlazak

Post by Mark Szlazak »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Mark Szlazak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm
I can't reproduce this with the iPad view mode in Firefox's developer tools. Can you try clearing the cache on your device and see if that helps things?
Sorry, i cannot do that. To many things i do not remember but need in that cache. My bad.

Just now In firefox i do not see any of those round icon images at the bottom of the page. So no massive Twitter button. However, i see no 0.18 by the FreeCAD label. The downward arrowhead looks fine.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Mark Szlazak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm Just now In firefox i do not see any of those round icon images at the bottom of the page. So no massive Twitter button. However, i see no 0.18 by the FreeCAD label. The downward arrowhead looks fine.
There is no mention of 0.18 on the mainpage, shows up on the downloads page.
"fight the good fight"
Joel_graff
Veteran

Post by Joel_graff »

Firefox twitter icon is huge for me on my laptop. And the links to FreeCAD releases page and Addon manager are white text on a white background unless you mouseover.

Neither issue appears in Chromium for me.
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

pivy_trackers 2D coin3D library: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/pivy_trackers
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Joel_graff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:32 pm Firefox twitter icon is huge for me on my laptop. And the links to FreeCAD releases page and Addon manager are white text on a white background unless you mouseover.

Neither issue appears in Chromium for me.
If you do a force refresh with Ctrl+F5 is the issue still present in Firefox?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Joel_graff
Veteran

Post by Joel_graff »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 pm If you do a force refresh with Ctrl+F5 is the issue still present in Firefox?
Nope. Force refresh fixes the problem.
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

pivy_trackers 2D coin3D library: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/pivy_trackers
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Joel_graff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 am
kkremitzki wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 pm If you do a force refresh with Ctrl+F5 is the issue still present in Firefox?
Great, that's what I would have advised for Mark's iPad situation but I don't know the equivalent of Ctrl+F5'ing on that :D
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

kkremitzki wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:42 am
Joel_graff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 am
Great, that's what I would have advised for Mark's iPad situation but I don't know the equivalent of Ctrl+F5'ing on that :D
In Firefox on Kubuntu, I saw the same thing, so I went into settings, cache, you can select cache data for specific websites or everything, so I found FreeCADweb.org (not the forum) and deleted what it showed which was no data but three cookies, once the three cookies were deleted, the page rendered correctly.

what would those three cookies be?

Jim
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

No idea, perhaps deleting the cookies resulted in the associated cached files being cleared.