Small project design

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Monkenstien

Small project design

Post by Monkenstien »

Hi all,

I’m brand new to the forum and have just started using freecad. I am developing a prototype for a bollard winch that is to be manufactured from steel. The design is fairly basic and I need someone to build up the solid components and provide me with all the tree information for freecad so I can continue developing the project. My freecad skills are pretty Limited at the moment. I can provide all dimensions and drawings, I’m located in Australia and would pay via papal.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Small project design

Post by chrisb »

How about making this a community project and you donate to the FreeCAD project? Can you publish the documents or does it need some privacy agreement?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Monkenstien

Post by Monkenstien »

Hi Chrisb,

Thanks for the reply, at this stage I’m thinking that the project will need a privacy agreement as if successful I may make the finished product commercially available. At this stage it is in the prototype phase and finding the most efficient way of manufacturing the bollard on a small scale (10-20 units) locally is my main priority. It is not a complicated project from an engineering point of view but my CAD skills are limited. I come from a graphic design background so have mocked up some diagrams in illustrator, and have mad some basic progress in Freecad.
hammax
Veteran

Post by hammax »

… bollard winch?
is it something like this for sailing yachts?
BollardWinch.PNG
BollardWinch.PNG (93.67 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Monkenstien

Post by Monkenstien »

Hi yes it uses a sail boat winch but the model is of the base and a bollard that the winch attaches to so it is not as complicated as making up a complete winch. I already have the winch files from the manufacturer, it is really just a steel cylinder with a section cut away welded to a steel base. I have made up the model in illustrator on a 1 to 1 scale showing front top and side faces and have done some calculations on bollard strength ect but I would really like to tinker with it as a full 3D model. I’m pretty time poor and have made some headway in making it up in freecad but would be happy to pay someone to make up the model for me. Kind Regards
JustCAD

Post by JustCAD »

Hi,
I can help.
You can reach me on Skype: cisin.justin or Email:justin@cisinlabs.com so that we can discuss this further.
Justin
+14074139057
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

This forum is observed by quite some spammers. We don't recommend to publish personal contact data. It is better to write a private message (PM) for this.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.