Can't Select point when the Sketch view is on the bottom

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
zmp2000

Can't Select point when the Sketch view is on the bottom

Post by zmp2000 »

Hi, I have tested this on 0.18 version and I'am currently using the 0.19.16653
If i write a simple sketch than rotate the view to the bottom (flip) I can't select Points or draw another lines directly to the points. Is that a bug?
Attachments
freecad.jpg
freecad.jpg (434.55 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: Can't Select point when the Sketch view is on the bottom

Post by HarryGeier »

Well, it´s a known problem. I would not call it a bug, rather a weakness. You can select them with rectangle selection. The problem is that the LINE has precedence und seen from reverse, lies on top of the point. I think someone , maybe chrisb, once mentioned a setting to change that habit..
I look and if i find , i post it .
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

zmp2000 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:23 amIs that a bug?
No, not at all. The possibility to turn 3D view in sketcher is not for construction purposes, but rather for viewing and adding external references.

If you want to edit your sketch in that position, because some plan is given like that or for some other reason, I would recommend to set the property MapReversed of the sketch itself in the DataTab to true.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

HarryGeier wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:06 am I think someone , maybe chrisb, once mentioned a setting to change that habit..
We were crossposting...

I don't think this can be changed. You only can arrange the order of regular geometry vs. construction geometry vs. external geometry.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
zmp2000

Post by zmp2000 »

Thanks for the answers!
You are right! Changing the property Map Reversed to true allows me to edit the sketch with the right view.

It was happening that I was creating a sketch from a bottom face. When the sketches opened I had to turn the view (because I´m with the piece in my hands and I was comparing it to it)

Thank you all! :)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You probably have realized it yourself, but for the sake of completeness: you have to reverse pads and pockets as well, if you map the sketch reversed.