Hello fellow FreeCAD user in Deutchland.
LMH wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 am
However, something seems to be off, it looks like it's not working properly.
It is likely that you are using the original 3D Surface op, based upon what I see i the image. The artifacts look familiar. I would suggest upgrading to the latest 3D Surface op version. It is now available with the pre_0.19 nightly builds since about version 0.19.16699. I have quoted the install instructions below, taken from a few posts above in this topic.
Russ4262 wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 am
P.S.: I noticed your FreeCAD version is 18.16110. The improved 3D Surface tool was not included in the distros until quite recently. I believe the improved version is backwards compatible with your FC version. If you wish to use the newer, more robust version, you will need to:
- download the newest script manually from this post: 3D Surface: 4th-axis Integration and more...
- navigate to your FreeCAD binary folder
- navigate to 'Mod/Path/PathScripts'
- rename your current PathSurface.py script - to save should you wish to revert
- paste the downloaded version into the same folder
- rename the downloaded version to the same as the original, PathSurface.py
- Re-start FreeCAD
I believe you will have to upgrade to the latest 3D Surface version to yield better results. The original version included with the version 18 release was quite basic in features - an experimental proof of concept. The newer version is still considered experimental, but has many more features and yields better paths for users.
Please include the FreeCAD file containing the model (if possible) with which you request assistance. Doing so will allow the FC community to better serve your needs.