[implemented] [PartDesign] Fix missing expression binding in primitives placement dialog

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

[implemented] [PartDesign] Fix missing expression binding in primitives placement dialog

Post by uwestoehr »

I think the dialog for additive/subtractive geometries has a bug:

- open the attached file. You can see that the radius of both spheres is set to the value in the spreadsheet
- now edit the subtractive or additive sphere
- in the appearing dialog you can change the radius. Do this by using the spin buttons.

result: the dialog shows you the value you set, e.g. 12mm. But after finishing the dialog the radius is correctly the one of the spreadsheet.

I think the fix is that the radius value field in the editing dialog gets the formula button as available e.g. for the attachment position fields:

screenshot
screenshot
Primitive-Dialog-issue.png (32.23 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
Attachments
sphere-dialog-bug.FCStd
file to reproduce
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by uwestoehr on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
openBrain
Veteran

Re: additive/substractive primitives dialog bug

Post by openBrain »

Yep, this missing ability is known and listed by chrisb in this thread
What I don't know is if he still wants to create a ticket before end of 0.19 release. Let's ask :
chrisb wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 am Ping
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

openBrain wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:15 pm Yep, this missing ability is known and listed by chrisb in this thread
Wow your memory is amazing! I commented in ChrisB's thread as well. Since nobody reacted to ChrisB's post I gues the devs are simply not aware of it. So as it is straight forwards. I can act and open a bug report. I'll wait for Chris.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm Wow your memory is amazing! I commented in ChrisB's thread as well. Since nobody reacted to ChrisB's post I gues the devs are simply not aware of it. So as it is straight forwards. I can act and open a bug report. I'll wait for Chris.
I think chrisb's idea to first merge all places where expressions are missing, then open only one ticket, is the way to go. ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Hi guys, thanks for waiting. I will recheck after DeepSOIC's comment and then open a ticket with improved specification for placement expressions.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

If I see it right, you fixed all of these: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33817.
Thanks!
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:47 am If I see it right, you fixed all of these: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33817.
Thanks!
No, only the 2nd bullet of the OP list of your thread is fixed. ;) Could you strike it ? ;)
Basically what @uwestoehr pointed in the picture in the OP of this thread.
uwestoehr wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:18 am This is fixed with PR: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3225
Good job. However would it be possible that you amend the commit message so :
  • It is a bit self-explanatory. Something like "[PartDesign] Fix missing expression binding in PartDesign primitives placement dialog"
  • Change links to ticket so it conforms to what Source Integration expects. Something like "Partially fixing bug #3981"
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

openBrain wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:06 am No, only the 2nd bullet of the OP list of your thread is fixed. ;) Could you strike it ? ;)
Striking is done. I was mislead, by the plethora of changes and didn't realize that the 2nd bullet described multiple missing expression awarenesses.

Thanks nevertheless to Uwe.