Draft 2D plan to drawing

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HDM

Draft 2D plan to drawing

Post by HDM »

Ok, so im completely new to this and probably out of my depth a little so any help is appreciated!

Stumbled upon freeCAD looking to do a simple plan view of garden area that i want converting. I've managed to draw a 2D plan out as per measurements of garden and added dimensions to various sections.

How do i now add this to a drawing sheet for saving/printing. Only work around I've got currently is to export to pdf but it lowers the quality so much some of the text is hard to read

My plan view is as basic as they come, mostly made up of rectangles and lines with the dimension tool showing various lengths

Thanks in advance for any assistance
quick61
Veteran

Re: Draft 2D plan to drawing

Post by quick61 »

TechDraw Module, that is if you managed to follow at least #2 in the instructions that are linked at the top of the page. ;)

Basic TechDraw Tutorial

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
HDM

Post by HDM »

quick61 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:45 pm TechDraw Module, that is if you managed to follow at least #2 in the instructions that are linked at the top of the page. ;)

Basic TechDraw Tutorial

Mark
I'll take a look :shock:
meme2704
Veteran

Post by meme2704 »

Hi
You do not tell us which workshop you use
If you want to make an unpretentious design, you can use the Sketcher workshop and its tools of dimensional constraint, then use the Windows capture tool (if you are under windows) and an impression, you will have a very clear drawing but without scale, and if you use Paint (for example) you can add anotations
Attachments
jardin.PNG
jardin.PNG (23.96 KiB) Viewed 395 times