Horizontal Band Saw Machine (copyleft?)

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vesema3

Re: Horizontal Band Saw Machine (copyleft?)

Post by vesema3 »

Hope this time the file gets uploaded, there you can see the dimensions. We will need also and 2x DIN 913 M6x16 into the main Guide Assembly.
GuideAssem_FlatBar1.FCStd
(98.3 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
- the design is not really correct, but that is how I'm used to model :) . This should be from 40x8 flat-bar; long holes could be made with several drillings followed by filling off the remains :| .
Actually, I have a lot of hand made drafts for this project, but I really like the seemingly perfect sketching of CAD. And also I need to start learning FC asap :). Generally you are right, picture with some explanatory text is more informative, than plain text, but still I want to give insights for the building process, where possible.
the red washers are DIN433 Pos 4, the blue ones DIN6340 Pos 7. Are these right?
- yes; just the two under the nuts I think they better be DIN 125 A, because of the greater contact area ;).
Mine "Push On Fixers" have 20 mm OD, and they fit exactly; those from the link are with 25 mm OD, which will necessitate additional DIN 433 before them, because of the washer stack.
Take your time, I'm here for the fun :).
Happy to hear, that someone at last likes my designs, rather than only implementing them in production without saying even thank you! :D ;)
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

There are more downloads ;) This project have interest :D

Now for discuss:
Pic_05.jpg
Pic_05.jpg (470.79 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
My feeling: This part is mostly done ;-)
Die Liebe wird siegen, denn sie ist unzerstörbar :) ;)
vesema3

Post by vesema3 »

My goodness, whole 5 times till now 8-) .
Yes, this assembly seems almost ready. I see, that you are making a BOM, and for the sake of the design ( :D ), it could be nice to add let's say 10x DIN988 12x18x0,1 and 2x DIN913 M6x16 mounted into the flat-bar side threads :). Securing will be done by some kind of thread locking compound.
Actually these DIN913 would be part of the higher assembly... if its more convenient we can leave it without them.
What do you think, shall we proceed further or give it a short brake?

BR
Martin
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

Hi Martin,

I think we should do the next steps asap...
I can send you the files and the folders of this parts in a ZIP ;-)
Then you see the philosophy of the file structure ;-)

For now i am generate the tech-draws of the parts who needs changes by hand:
Pic_06.jpg
Pic_06.jpg (302.32 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
Also, in the technical drawings we can capture the text of how the changes should be done by hand ...

You can write the text in a normal text file, send it to me and i take them in the tech-draws...

The BOM's was generated automatically with A2Plus ;-)

Edit:
Pic_07.jpg
Pic_07.jpg (346.5 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
vesema3

Post by vesema3 »

Hi Walter,
if its not a problem, it will be great to send me what would be as a learning material for me according to your suggestion.
Aha, so you mean to include the hand-made technology as notes into the drawings - that is cool :).
Ok, I have already some pics, with which we could continue. Have to research again the missing dimensions.
Later I will make some simple drawings (in paint) of the connecting assembly between the main beam and the guide assembly.
Also there are some more flat-bars, that I think to model myself for trainnig ;) .
MainBeamAssembly:
MainBeam_1.jpg
MainBeam_1.jpg (223.15 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
MainBeam_2.jpg
MainBeam_2.jpg (150.95 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
MainBeam_3.jpg
MainBeam_3.jpg (130.91 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
MainBeam_4.jpg
MainBeam_4.jpg (133.5 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

Hi Martin,

all of this is also a training for me ;-)
if its not a problem, it will be great to send me what would be as a learning material for me according to your suggestion.
Aha, so you mean to include the hand-made technology as notes into the drawings - that is cool :).
You have PM :-)
Ok, I have already some pics, with which we could continue. Have to research again the missing dimensions.
Later I will make some simple drawings (in paint) of the connecting assembly between the main beam and the guide assembly.
MainBeamAssembly:
Nice to see your learnings!
You can send me the files and i will integrate it in the file-structure and the draws...
Please let also the 'text for the handmade' come to me to integrate it ;-)

BR
Walter
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

Hi Martin,

To assemble all the parts, we need holes in the back side:

phpBB [video]

BR
Walter
vesema3

Post by vesema3 »

Nope :),
check the images in the beginning, everything is assembled without those new holes from above.

P.S.1: by the way, I won't upload the "MainBeam" FC file because it is kind of bs, it should be some kind of assembly with separate parts included.
P.S.2: Is there a way I can sketch with FC-Sketcher over an inserted background picture?
P.S.3: I'm working on the parts I promised earlier :roll:

BR
Martin
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

vesema3 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am P.S.2: Is there a way I can sketch with FC-Sketcher over an inserted background picture?
ImageWB/Create planar image in the 3D space. If you want true sizes/proportions from the image you should link ImagePlane dimensions with expresions based on the actual image pixel size - YSize = XSize * ImageY/ImageX. Then create a known line, add reference constraint to see its size, scale ImagePlane accordingly (by changing XSize) and check again the known line.
vesema3

Post by vesema3 »

Thanks kisolre,
is there a way I can add text over the already inserted picture? Or I can only sketch over it with lines, etc.?
I see that FC can make screen shot of the 3D area -> I want to use it instead of MS paint.

BR
Martin