[Solved] FEM doesn't work anymore

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

denverh

Re: FEM doesn't work anymore

Post by denverh »

This has gotten fixed, at least on FreeBSD: https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view ... 984#c13224
I've checked at least some of the Path and FEM functions that create new dialogs, and so far everything has worked.
ElMastro

Post by ElMastro »

This is great. If someone could please provide the link to the git path, I would like to test it in linux.
Master branch until last try was still on 16117, so rebuilding it changed nothing.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

ElMastro wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:01 am This is great. If someone could please provide the link to the git path, I would like to test it in linux.
Master branch until last try was still on 16117, so rebuilding it changed nothing.
What do you mean? master is at 17068, 16117 is 0.18.2

In the link provided here there is mention of a git patch:
denverh wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:46 pm This has gotten fixed, at least on FreeBSD: https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view ... 984#c13224
I've checked at least some of the Path and FEM functions that create new dialogs, and so far everything has worked.
Don't know if it was incorporated in master yet. Hope it helps.
ascaron

Post by ascaron »

When compiling with the mentioned patch I always get:

Code: Select all

[ 70%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so                                                                                                                                                                         !1347
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `convertWrapperToQuantity(PySide::PyObjectWrapper const&)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text+0xcd): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::operator _object*() const'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `QtMetaTypePrivate::QMetaTypeFunctionHelper<PySide::PyObjectWrapper, true>::Construct(void*, void const*)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv]+0xa): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::PyObjectWrapper(PySide::PyObjectWrapper const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv]+0x19): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::PyObjectWrapper()'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `QtMetaTypePrivate::QMetaTypeFunctionHelper<PySide::PyObjectWrapper, true>::Destruct(void*)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE8DestructEPv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE8DestructEPv]+0x1): undefined reference to
`PySide::PyObjectWrapper::~PyObjectWrapper()'
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/build.make:5595: lib/libFreeCADGui.so] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:6081: src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Fehler 2
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.17070 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
ElMastro

Post by ElMastro »

ascaron, could you please tell me what command do you use to patch?
patch -p0 after git clone?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

ElMastro wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm could you please tell me what command do you use to patch?
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Source_ ... es_via_git
git apply [patch-name].patch
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
ascaron

Post by ascaron »

ElMastro wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm ascaron, could you please tell me what command do you use to patch?
patch -p0 after git clone?
like Kunda1 said:
Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:08 pm https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Source_ ... es_via_git
git apply [patch-name].patch
I had some progress on building on Manjaro. My output of the variables after getting the properties from the patch:

Code: Select all

SHIBOKEN_INCLUDE_DIR: /usr/include/shiboken2/usr/include/python3.7m
SHIBOKEN_LIBRARY: /usr/lib/libshiboken2.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.12.3
PYSIDE_INCLUDE_DIR: /usr/include/PySide2
PYSIDE_LIBRARY:
So a messed up SHIBOKEN_INCLUDE_DIR and no PYSIDE_LIBRARY at all. After setting those manually everything seems to work, yay!
I am completely new to cmake, so I have no idea why those properties are not set correctly, but I will take a look later.
ElMastro

Post by ElMastro »

Thank you, ascaron.
However, it doesn't work also in my. It says it doesn't find Pyside2 and Shiboken. It finished compiling and installing, but nothing changed.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

In the past building PySide always was and maybe still is a pain in the ass and also the integration into CMake is not very elegant. And I am not even sure if packages for all platforms are really provided. Thus, I prefer to avoid making it a mandatory build dependency.

So, in order to avoid to make it mandatory I have implemented an approach to set the attributes of a form using shiboken's Python interface of wrapping QWidgets: git commit cabb7339688d
ascaron

Post by ascaron »

Awesome, it works! Thank you very much.