Macros for chance the standard positioning of the blocks!

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
EjecSamady

Macros for chance the standard positioning of the blocks!

Post by EjecSamady »

Hey guys, I'm looking for some Macro that changes the way blocks are positioned on FreeCad.
I mean, the standard way by using coordinates is not very practical for building architectural projects in a dynamic and fast way.

So, if there are any Macro options that changes the block positioning to work similar to another CAD software, such as AutoCad, I would like to know.

Please share here your knowledge about the topic. Any solution you think can help me is welcome.

I thank you since now. Thanks for the attention.

(I am new using the software, if what I'm asking is easy to solve please help me and don't judge me.)
carlopav
Veteran

Re: Macros for chance the standard positioning of the blocks!

Post by carlopav »

Hi! Can u be more detailed in what you are trying to achieve and which tools and workbench you are using? Also which commands of other software do you refer to.
Thx!
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
dimitar

Post by dimitar »

Do you mean relative coordinates - something like @50,30?
EjecSamady

Post by EjecSamady »

carlopav wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:24 am Hi! Can u be more detailed in what you are trying to achieve and which tools and workbench you are using? Also which commands of other software do you refer to.
Thx!
I mean, when you add a block in the FreeCad, by default the object is positioned on the coordinates x=0; y=0; z=0, but what I am looking for is a way to add the block and then move it by drag and drop for exemple. I don't want to reposition by changing the coordinates.
EjecSamady

Post by EjecSamady »

dimitar wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:03 pm Do you mean relative coordinates - something like @50,30?
I mean, I don't want to change the position of the block by change its coordinates. What I am looking for is a more practical way to move the blocks, like by dragging and drop or something like that.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

EjecSamady wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:19 pm I mean, when you add a block in the FreeCad, by default the object is positioned on the coordinates x=0; y=0; z=0, but what I am looking for is a way to add the block and then move it by drag and drop for exemple. I don't want to reposition by changing the coordinates.
You want to use the Transform-tool. Doubleclick on the cube or use the right mouse button menu.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

For complex assemblies you can use Manipulator wb
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Manipulator_Workbench
Last edited by easyw-fc on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Also look at Draft_Move and Draft_Rotate.