Body objects and errors in its features

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Body objects and errors in its features

Post by chrisb »

Differentiating between the source of an error and derived broken objects is great. As DeepSOIC said, it takes considerable time to drill down a deeply nested Part tree of boolean operations. or to expand every feature in a body to find the sketch in error.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

DeepSOIC wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:35 pm Nice one, Abdullah! These hidden errors have got me at least a few times. I even implemented a check in PoM Exporter feature, that would pop up a message that there is an error anywhere in the dependencies, when exporting.
chrisb wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:58 pm Differentiating between the source of an error and derived broken objects is great. As DeepSOIC said, it takes considerable time to drill down a deeply nested Part tree of boolean operations. or to expand every feature in a body to find the sketch in error.
If you liked that one, I think you will love this variant:
- Everything that is affected (OutListRecursive) gets flagged.
- It applies to every single object, not just groups
Screenshot_20190706_084620.png
Screenshot_20190706_084620.png (33.84 KiB) Viewed 397 times
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

PR:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/2326
wmayer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 pm According to its execute() method there are two cases where the body itself is broken. The tip points to a non-PD object or the tip points to an empty shape
I have departed from extending group functionality.

I have done many tests, under the premise that what I wanted is extend the functionality of groups. I took me a while to realise that I did not want that, but just be notified of errors that affected the outcome of certain nodes. This made the implementation way much simpler and useful.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks! Big improvement in error searching!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

abdullah wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:49 am If you liked that one, I think you will love this variant:
Oh yes indeed!