As part of the creation of an online course (MOOC) on 3D modeling, produced by the IMT and the EESAB, I am creating a FreeCAD workbench that offers interactive tutorials and exercise evaluations. This mooc is part of a series of courses on Digital Manufacturing.
From a technical point of view, the workbench is composed of:
- an "API" that contains the code that analyzes the document (MoocChecker.py)
- the code that executes the tutorials in the "lessons" folder (MoocPlayer.py)
- the code that executes the evaluations in the "exercises" folder (MoocGrader.py)
- currently only in French (and hard-coded).
- only compatible with FreeCAD Py3 and Qt5 (PySide2)
- LGPLv2 (or similar) code funded by Europe through IMT and EESAB.
- modular : I made sure that the addition of tutorials and evaluations was modular, so you have to add a tutorial in the "lessons" folder or an evaluation in the "exercises" folder to show up in the respective tool..
- internationalization of the workbench
- Integration of videos in FreeCAD (PySide2.QtWebEngineWidgets?)
- request the integration of the workbench in the list of the addon manager
In addition to improving the user experience and also for the beta tester I would like to add the workbench to the addon manager.
To install and test the workbench go to this address: https://framagit.org/freecad-france/mooc-workbench
The Readme will give you more details on the installation and use of the workbench: https://framagit.org/freecad-france/moo ... -workbench
For the moment 2 tutorials are available.
See you soon:!!