Automate Reinforcement GSoC proposal

Contributions from the participants, questions and answers to their projects.
Discussions of proposals for upcoming events.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Suraj Dadral

Re: Automate Reinforcement GSoC proposal

Post by Suraj Dadral »

Hello everyone,
I have create function makeTwoTiesSixRebars() to create TwoTiesSixRebars column reinforcement.
commit

Example:

Code: Select all

from ColumnReinforcement import TwoTiesSixRebars
TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars(40, 30, 50, 45, 20, True, 5, (10, 10), (135, 135), (2, 2), 20, -40, -40, "StraightRebar", "Top Inside", "x-axis", 2, 30)
TwoTiesSixRebars.png
TwoTiesSixRebars.png (19.89 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
But there is one problem with LShapeRebars with hook extend along x-axis. It is as shown below:

TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars(40, 30, 50, 45, 20, True, 5, (10, 10), (135, 135), (2, 2), 20, -40, -40, "LShapeRebar", "Top Inside", "x-axis", 2, 30)
LShapeBars.png
LShapeBars.png (4.77 KiB) Viewed 2339 times

In above image, the central main rebars direction can be along +ve x-axis or -ve x-axis.
I am in doubt if LShapeRebars with this configuration is possible in actual reinforcement?
The above problem can be easily eliminated by removing option to choose hook_extend_along, which may be "x-axis" or "y-axis", and setting it default to "y-axis".

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks,
amrit3701

Post by amrit3701 »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 pm But there is one problem with LShapeRebars with hook extend along x-axis. It is as shown below:

TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars(40, 30, 50, 45, 20, True, 5, (10, 10), (135, 135), (2, 2), 20, -40, -40, "LShapeRebar", "Top Inside", "x-axis", 2, 30)
LShapeBars.png

In above image, the central main rebars direction can be along +ve x-axis or -ve x-axis.
I am in doubt if LShapeRebars with this configuration is possible in actual reinforcement?
The above problem can be easily eliminated by removing option to choose hook_extend_along, which may be "x-axis" or "y-axis", and setting it default to "y-axis".

Please give your suggestions.
Hi Suraj,

As I saw, that you have created LShape rebar with "Top Inside" configuration which is fine. It's not important that middle LShape rebars point to +x or -x axis, important is they are inside the stirrup.

Also, please share your next plans. I suggest after completion of two tie reinforcement you should go for a circular column and then beam reinforcement.

Thanks,
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

amrit3701 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am
As I saw, that you have created LShape rebar with "Top Inside" configuration which is fine. It's not important that middle LShape rebars point to +x or -x axis, important is they are inside the stirrup.
Thanks @amrit3701
amrit3701 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am
Also, please share your next plans. I suggest after completion of two tie reinforcement you should go for a circular column and then beam reinforcement.
My next plan is to complete TwoTiesSixRebars column reinforcement and circular column reinforcement before 18 July, 2019.
And after that I will create user documentation and start implementation of beam reinforcement.

Thanks,
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

Hello everyone,

There is one more problem:
When I create TwoTiesSixRebars column reinforcement with different values for diameter of tie1 and tie2, then it will produce column reinforcement as below image:

TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars(40, 30, 50, 45, 20, True, 5, (8, 20), (135, 135), (2, 2), 20, -40, -40, "StraightRebar", "Top Inside", "x-axis", 2, 30)
TwoTies1.png
TwoTies1.png (8.83 KiB) Viewed 2267 times

In above image, rebars crosses the tie.
This can be fixed by setting size of both ties equal.
I also discussed this with my civil engineer friends and according to them, diameter of all ties in column is equal in 99% cases.

Please give your suggestions about this.

Thanks,
amrit3701

Post by amrit3701 »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 am In above image, rebars crosses the tie.
This can be fixed by setting size of both ties equal.
I also discussed this with my civil engineer friends and according to them, diameter of all ties in column is equal in 99% cases.

Please give your suggestions about this.
Place inner ties to stirrup which has a bigger diameter. :)
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

amrit3701 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am
Place inner ties to stirrup which has a bigger diameter. :)
To do as suggested above, we will not be able to use function makeSingleTieFourRebars.
So, I will re-implement function makeTwoTiesSixRebars to do this work.

Thanks,
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 pmI have create function makeTwoTiesSixRebars() to create TwoTiesSixRebars column reinforcement.

<snip>

But there is one problem with LShapeRebars with hook extend along x-axis. It is as shown below:

<snip>

You may do following:

1. Corners bars bent at 45 degrees to side.
2. Non-corner bars bent perpendicular to side

Above mean, all bars bent towards centre (almost) of section.
--
H.S.Rai
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 amI also discussed this with my civil engineer friends and according to them, diameter of all ties in column is equal in 99% cases.
Take it 100%
--
H.S.Rai
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 pm

TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars(<snip>)
TwoTiesSixRebars.makeTwoTiesSixRebars()

may be named as:

TwoTiesSixRebars.make()

I mean, rather than

foo.foo()

use

foo.make()
--
H.S.Rai
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

hardeeprai wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Suraj Dadral wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 amI also discussed this with my civil engineer friends and according to them, diameter of all ties in column is equal in 99% cases.
Take it 100%
110 % !! because it's for shear resistance and must be equal i think.