appimage

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: appimage

Post by triplus »

I didn't have much free time in the past month and currently i don't know the status of AppImage/macOS offerings. Will go over all the threads in the following days. I still have a few things to test as we have disused in the Conda based thread a month back. Once the situation settles, or maybe it already did, i feel that a new thread makes more sense. This one is too long already and moving it doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:40 pm i feel that a new thread makes more sense. This one is too long already and moving it doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
@triplus so should I create new AppImage thread in Packaging subforum, lock this thread, post link to new thread in this thread ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Not sure as i haven't yet read the other threads about current state of FreeCAD 0.19 AppImage. At some point yes, it makes sense for this to happen. When i guess there will be general consensus we have successfully migrated from PPA to Conda being the preferred and default source for creating AppImage. All mayor issues resolved (compared to the previous PPA option offering). At that point i guess this thread will surpass its initial goal, and the bare length of the thread has become an issue. In addition i feel that somebody like @looo should open such new thread. As for locking forum threads. I don't have strong opinion on that.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

looo wrote:
What say you? ;)
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Priority list says: update to boost 1.70 first. Afterwards maybe starting a topic about general budeling of conda-packages. Windows is still missing.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

0.19.17068 AppImage Test Framework leads to a Hard Crash
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37148
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

FreeCAD_0.19-17349-Linux-Conda_Py3Qt5_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage - Hard crash using Download Manager
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37721
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

opencamlib should be included in appimage and dmg. Also a release for opencamlib is planned [1]. So it would be nice to get some feedback if everything from FreeCAD-side works as expected.

[1] https://github.com/aewallin/opencamlib/issues/71
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I will test the dmg.

By the way, I didn't give much feedback on the last dmgs, because they are very stable now. I had one or two crashes, but that's almost nothing compared to the state when 0.19 started. Many Thanks for that!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

looo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm opencamlib should be included in appimage and dmg
This is absolutely fantastic!

It works out of the box, and the DMG has grown in size only by 6MB. I'm usually not a friend of useless images, but in this case I cannot resist:
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 00.50.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 00.50.24.png (40.57 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.