solved: Element in a middle of a stack got duplicated

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
joorva

solved: Element in a middle of a stack got duplicated

Post by joorva »

Hello Everyone

I have an issue with Freecad (using ver. 0.17 on win10) while working on some model in part workbench. Looking for help, it may be easy but I am just not skilled with freecad enough to figure this out on my own. Thanks in advance for all help.

The issue I am facing is that I am building a model in part workbench, and have pretty branched modifier stack already. Now I did something (miscklicked or so), and one of the modifier stages in my stack got "active" (mean non-gray). Not sure what I did, not sure what does it mean, but visible result of this is that parts of model which are below this "active" branch got duplicated, so I expect troubles when model get exported. What is also interesting I don't actually see any duplication on model tree, just I see in a viewport that model is definitely doubled.

I could actually fix it myslef, by decomposing model and repeating stack from the place it's wrong, but that would be tough and stupid. I hope there is a way to just get this branch stay in line again and make those duplicated elements disappear.

Attached screenshots are depicting how model tree looks like, and what I can see in a viewport.
Attachments
issue seen in viewport
issue seen in viewport
viewport.png (22.11 KiB) Viewed 220 times
model stack
model stack
model stack.png (12.44 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Last edited by joorva on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Element in a middle of a stack got duplicated

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Gray means invisible, no more no less. Select the unwanted visible object and hit the space bar. This toggles visibility.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
joorva

Re: Element in a middle of a stack got duplicated

Post by joorva »

Worked of course. Thanks for help and quick response! :)