FEM-0.19 Postprozessing

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

anton1ret

FEM-0.19 Postprozessing

Post by anton1ret »

I hope someone can help me or confirm my difficulties with the FEM postprocessor. I create a ResultPipeline with Mode Surface with Edges and a Field by Mises Stress for instance . Then I create a datapoint with a field of Mises stress and suddenly the legend is only visible with one value and also erroneously retrievable with this value. With version 0.18-16110 (git) this was partially fixed by selecting ResultPipeline again with the respective options. In addition, sometimes one could directly enter and evaluate the x, y, z when selecting the point under Datapoint. For me it is serious with version 0.19 that under tension the principal stresses are no longer available. In my opinion, these are important for many failure hypotheses. I hope that this will feed into the development, then for me the post-processor is a very good help.

System:
Freecad 0.19, Rev-Nr.: 17433(Git) on Windows 10, 64bit
Intel I7-8750H with 32 GB RAM an a fast SSD harddisk
bernd
Veteran

Re: FEM-0.19 Postprozessing

Post by bernd »

- in 0.19 results where extended and renamed. Principal stresses are still there may be na.ed other than in 0.18.3

- I can not follow your problems in post processing. would you make a small step by step list to repeat your problem and or post a apropriate file?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Ahh welcome to FreeCAD FEM
anton1ret

Post by anton1ret »

Hello Bernd,
Please excuse my bad description.
- At first I would like to know how the principal stresses S1, S2, S3 were renamed. I find: Stress xx, xy, xz, yy, yz, zz components

- My goal is to define the stresses at a point with the X, Y, Z coordinates without picking
o First I choose Post Pipeline from Result
o Then I change this example to Mode: Surface with Edges and a Field: by Mises Stress
o Next I also define a Data at point clip filter
o Select a point with the mouse and modify it to with a field: of Mises stress

No matter what point I select I get only one and the same wrong value
With version 0.18-16110 (git) I was able to handle this sometimes by calling Post Pipeline from Result and Data at point clip filter and pressing the options again. Sometimes it was even possible to change the respective point via the X, Y, Z coordinates.

Thank you for your answer.
Cheers , Anton