CAD Parsing Project

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
caddyshak

CAD Parsing Project

Post by caddyshak »

We would like to create an application that allows a user to submit a CAD generated file such as a DWG or STP file format. This file will represent a drawing and we would like the application to parse data from the file and interpret the information. In particular, we would like to automatically know what are all of the vertices on the lines of the drawings and distance between them.

Understanding the geometry of these shapes would be helpful as well.
If you have experience doing similar projects or are very confident you can do this, please contact us as we'd be very interested in talking with you.

Instructions to Apply
If interested, please email
1) Please let me know if you have experience parsing data from a CAD file in the past.
2) Include your CV
Last edited by jmaustpc on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed email address, if you want to contact this person, post to this forum or send a PM
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: CAD Parsing Project

Post by Jee-Bee »

Please don't post your mail address here.

...Even if it looks like a one time use....
Richard000

Post by Richard000 »

Please check PM
reachmetojay

Post by reachmetojay »

caddyshak wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:48 pm We would like to create an application that allows a user to submit a CAD generated file such as a DWG or STP file format. This file will represent a drawing and we would like the application to parse data from the file and interpret the information. In particular, we would like to automatically know what are all of the vertices on the lines of the drawings and distance between them.

Understanding the geometry of these shapes would be helpful as well.
If you have experience doing similar projects or are very confident you can do this, please contact us as we'd be very interested in talking with you.

Instructions to Apply
If interested, please email
1) Please let me know if you have experience parsing data from a CAD file in the past.
2) Include your CV
Hey @caddyshak,
I have worked previously on parsing data and happy to assist you. May I know in what format and pattern you need data as output? Let me know if we can communicate via PM.

Regards!