SQL Reporting Addon: Development

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
furti

SQL Reporting Addon: Development

Post by furti »

If you have new feature requests for the SQL Reporting Addon or want to discuss some development stuff, please do not post to the Announcements Topic anymore but instead reply to this topic.

Informations about new features are still posted to the announcement topic: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33403
panda1967

Re: SQL Reporting Addon: Development

Post by panda1967 »

The problem
Hi, I have tried to realize a Bill Of Material using Reporting workbench in a mechanical context, working on an assembly managed with A2Plus, in order to finally include the BOM in a drawing using the TechDraw workbench. For each solid part I shown in the BOM the material, the volume, the density and the mass. In order to obtain the volume I used Shape.Volume directly in the query, whereas for material and density I have made up for the current lack of support to materials in some workbench of FreeCAD by adding two corresponding dinamic properties to the parts of assembly. In the Select I used a bit of arithmetic in order to accomplish the correct units. Here you can see the sql code I used:

Code: Select all

Select
    count(Label) As 'Num',
    Label As 'Parte',
    Materiale,
    Shape.Volume / 1000000 As 'Volume [dm^3]',
    Densit As 'Densità [kg/dm^3]',
    Shape.Volume * Densit As 'Massa [mg]'
From document
Where objectType = 'a2pPart' AND Visibility = 1
Group By
    Label,
    Materiale,
    Shape.Volume / 1000000,
    Densit,
    Shape.Volume * Densit
In addition to this, I wanted to report the parts which are identical, as the screws, only one time by grouping them in a unique row and showing the total number of parts. As you can see in the picture, I couldn't get the job done by a hair:

img1.png
img1.png (132.7 KiB) Viewed 759 times

img2.png
img2.png (187.27 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Proposal
It would be great if someone could implement these two functionalities:
  • Add a python-like function round(x,y) in the Select. In so doing, it could be possible to use a Select like this:

Select
        round(Shape.Volume / 1000000, 7) As 'Volume [dm^3]',

so that the number shall be rounded to the 7th places to the right of the decimal point.
  • Permit more than one arithmetic operations in Select like in this example where I could use two operations (multiplication and division) in order to obtain the mass in kg:

Select
        Shape.Volume * Densit / 1000000 As 'Massa [kg]'

I attach the FreeCAD file too.
Thank you very much.

Massimo

My version:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Branch: unknown
Hash: a724961ca3c78182a80adde4663f1f74e2e07eb6
Python version: 3.6.9
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)
Attachments
a.FCStd
(151.24 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
--
My native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you