Techdraw WB - some weird lines are shown

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
71GA

Techdraw WB - some weird lines are shown

Post by 71GA »

I have finished my 3D model and now I have to supply the documentation using TechDraw workbench. Workbench shows two lines that shouldn't be there (attachment - marked with a yellow marker). What kind of lines are these two lines and how do I turn them off? I supply also the screenshot of the detail of the 3D model.
Attachments
drawing.pdf
(709.79 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
3D model - detail screenshot.png
3D model - detail screenshot.png (204.47 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
dcapeletti

Re: Techdraw WB - some weird lines are shown

Post by dcapeletti »

Hi, something similar happens to what happened to me. A few days ago I published it. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38118
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

71GA wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 pm I have finished my 3D model and now I have to supply the documentation using TechDraw workbench. Workbench shows two lines that shouldn't be there (attachment - marked with a yellow marker). What kind of lines are these two lines and how do I turn them off? I supply also the screenshot of the detail of the 3D model.
What version are you using? If you are using freecad-daily (v0.19) you can use the line decorator to mark the lines invisible.

I can't tell you much else based on a screen grab and a PDF file. If you share the model (or a simpler version that shows the same problem) I might be able to tell you more.

Usually this is due to an invalid shape that confuses the hidden line removal algorithm.
71GA

Post by 71GA »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:43 am
71GA wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 pm I have finished my 3D model and now I have to supply the documentation using TechDraw workbench. Workbench shows two lines that shouldn't be there (attachment - marked with a yellow marker). What kind of lines are these two lines and how do I turn them off? I supply also the screenshot of the detail of the 3D model.
What version are you using? If you are using freecad-daily (v0.19) you can use the line decorator to mark the lines invisible.
Here are the details of the version:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.16rc1
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
71GA

Post by 71GA »

dcapeletti wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 pm Hi, something similar happens to what happened to me. A few days ago I published it. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38118
Did you have transparency turned ON? I think it might be correlated to this...
dcapeletti

Post by dcapeletti »

71GA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:38 am
dcapeletti wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 pm Hi, something similar happens to what happened to me. A few days ago I published it. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38118
Did you have transparency turned ON? I think it might be correlated to this...
Hi, no, it's not about transparency, it's about a projection error.

Greetings
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Moved thread to TD subforum
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs