PieMenu (v2.0)

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: PieMenu (v2.0)

Post by NormandC »

Some add-on workbenches have their own dedicated pages on the FreeCAD wiki. Yorik has stated his wish that all add-ons be documented on the wiki. I think it would be acceptable (and desirable) to have your documentation on the FreeCAD wiki, where it can be translated into other languages.

If you decide to write your documentation on your Github repo, we can probably just copy its content (with minor syntax changes) to the FreeCAD wiki, that is of course, if the license you choose allows it.

Which reminds me that apart from the Release notes 0.17, the Navigation Indicator is not documented anywhere in the wiki... Will put that on my todo list.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

The plan i had a while back is to write the documentation by using (as it is portable):

https://tiddlywiki.com/

P.S. After indeed i will likely ask for help on properly placing this information/documentation on FreeCAD Wiki. This will likely happen early in 2019 as hopefully all my modules should be done by then. And evaluation on what developed functionality to upstream (as a part of the Tux module) should make things clearer (from the documentation perspective).
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

So, is this still being made?
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am So, is this still being made?
The PieMenu addon is installable from the Addon Manager. It will be in the Workbenches tab, although it is not really a complete workbench, just a graphical enhancement.

The code lives in its own repository, https://github.com/triplus/PieMenu But you don't have to install it manually, you can just use the Addon Manager.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

I guess adrianinsaval is referring to how is going the development of version 2.0, not the actual one...
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I will be able to dedicate some free time again towards finishing PieMenu v 2.0. Current status is back end was developed during command panel development and front end related tasks all went through the prototype stage. In short i am still committed in reaching the initially set goals.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Nice to read it. I’m still very interested in this addon, it will surely boost designers work.

Cheers
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

An unplanned project emerged that i had to finish in the past month. As a result i couldn't dedicate any free time to the pie menu development. Hopefully this will change now and further progress regarding pie menu will be made.

Use Case: use pie menu as a workbench selector.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

As always I'm eagerly waiting for your PieMenu v2.0 because it could be a game changer when talking about FC usability so I'll be tuned ;)