How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hlovdal

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by hlovdal »

First post, I plan to improve https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Tutoria ... en_windows by adding a new 5.1 point "Make sure Relative (R) is not selected". My default was having it selected, and the resulting shape was far from the intended rectangle.
Patrick Jörg

Post by Patrick Jörg »

Hello Everyone

I am just joining the Forum, but was looking into FreeCAD for a while already.
Now my colleague here at work just told me about an idea that could contribute to the documentation Wiki.
We are from Switzerland (german speaking) and have two apprentices in mechanical engineering, who have to do a study in their english lesson.
Now we thought about bringing two things together. They could make translations for the FEM Workbench for example. So they can learn about FEM and english.

They could just start with this page and post it as plain text here. https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_Install
Maybe I can also help them later to bring the output to the wiki if I get the permission of you guys and girls...

Regards
patrick
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

hlovdal wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 pm First post, I plan to improve https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Tutoria ... en_windows by adding a new 5.1 point "Make sure Relative (R) is not selected". My default was having it selected, and the resulting shape was far from the intended rectangle.
PM for permissions
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Patrick Jörg wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 am Now my colleague here at work just told me about an idea that could contribute to the documentation Wiki.
We are from Switzerland (german speaking) and have two apprentices in mechanical engineering, who have to do a study in their english lesson.
Now we thought about bringing two things together. They could make translations for the FEM Workbench for example. So they can learn about FEM and english.

They could just start with this page and post it as plain text here. https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_Install
Maybe I can also help them later to bring the output to the wiki if I get the permission of you guys and girls...
Sounds great. Please though run things by @bernd over in the FEM subforum that way you're all on the same page. PM me for permissions
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
NealEhardt

Post by NealEhardt »

First post, planning to edit https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/3Dconne ... es#Windows

I will add:
To prevent 3Dconnexion from sending duplicate scroll events to FreeCAD, causing the view to jump, you must change settings. With FreeCAD open as the topmost window, open 3Dconnexion Properties (double-click its icon in the Taskbar, next to the system clock). Click on the Advanced Settings button. In Advanced Settings, confirm that it says "FreeCAD" in the heading and then uncheck all the boxes under Navigation.
This is explained, and my edit was requested here - https://freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=1893
DeeJayOne

Post by DeeJayOne »

Hello,

I have tried to send a message to Yorik but the message is stayed in "sending mode", I can't see it in the "sended message" section.
Is there a way to force the sending process ?
L'important est de ne pas arrêter de poser des questions. La curiosité a sa propre raison d'exister
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Albert Einstein
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

DeeJayOne wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:14 pm Hello,

I have tried to send a message to Yorik but the message is stayed in "sending mode", I can't see it in the "sended message" section.
yorik's on vacation.. send me your message
DeeJayOne

Post by DeeJayOne »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:24 pm yorik's on vacation.. send me your message
That's done !!! :)
L'important est de ne pas arrêter de poser des questions. La curiosité a sa propre raison d'exister
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Albert Einstein
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

doesn't look like you read and followed the instructions since you don't seem to have sent me a copy as well,

you are supposed to send one message to both of us, so one of us can act and the other knows if its dealt with or not.

If you had followed the instructions you would only have had to wait for half a day while I was at a cattle sale rather than several weeks while Yorik is away on holidays.
DeeJayOne

Post by DeeJayOne »

jmaustpc wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:23 am

doesn't look like you read and followed the instructions since you don't seem to have sent me a copy as well,

you are supposed to send one message to both of us, so one of us can act and the other knows if its dealt with or not.

If you had followed the instructions you would only have had to wait for half a day while I was at a cattle sale rather than several weeks while Yorik is away on holidays.
Yes, you're right. I have first followed the "French" forum and then trying to contact Yorik first. After checking the "English default" forum I read your instructions but it was too late, my message was already sended. I'm sorry for this mistake.
Albert Einstein