Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by realthunder »

looo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:30 pm I am recently trying asm3 with FreeCAD master and see some errors with qt5.12 (qt5.9 has no such issues)
ascaron wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:18 am On master with your PR as well as with your LinkMerge branch I still get the errors:
I just did a test build with conda and set qt to 5.12. It seems that shiboken2/pyside2 not found, which is the cause of this runtime error I assume. Any of you know anything about this? Any solutions?
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

Not directly connected to this issue (I think :roll: ) but still in regard to Qt...

"ParaView 5.6.2 is a patch release that fixes a trackpad interaction bug on macOS. This version differs from ParaView 5.6.1 only in the version of Qt that has been packaged in the macOS binaries (Qt 5.9.2 instead of Qt 5.12.3) – ParaView’s source code is unchanged. This dependency version change resolves a bug where the ParaView GUI got stuck in zooming interaction mode after holding down the control key and interacting with a Mac trackpad."

https://blog.kitware.com/paraview-5-6-2-release-notes/
ascaron

Post by ascaron »

realthunder wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:31 pm I just did a test build with conda and set qt to 5.12. It seems that shiboken2/pyside2 not found, which is the cause of this runtime error I assume. Any of you know anything about this? Any solutions?
I hadn't had the time to look into it yet so I don't know if it's related, but there was/is a shiboken2/pyside2/cmake related issue on newer versions of pyside2. Some variables like PYSIDE_INCLUDE_DIR were removed from pyside2 cmake files so they could not be found on build time. (see https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=3984)
Werner created a fix to load pyside2 at runtime.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

realthunder wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:31 pm
looo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:30 pm I am recently trying asm3 with FreeCAD master and see some errors with qt5.12 (qt5.9 has no such issues)
ascaron wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:18 am On master with your PR as well as with your LinkMerge branch I still get the errors:
I just did a test build with conda and set qt to 5.12. It seems that shiboken2/pyside2 not found, which is the cause of this runtime error I assume. Any of you know anything about this? Any solutions?
Thanks for having a look at this. Looking at the latest build-log I can confirm the not found shiboken2/pyside2. It was found for qt5.9 but is not found for qt5.12. Looks like the cmake-configs of shiboken2/pyside2 5.12 have changed a lot and isn't compatible with pyside2/shiboken2 5.9. Best to help with this PR which seems to adresses this issue:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/2020
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

looo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:33 am
Zolko wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:32 pm
triplus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 am App::Link functionality should already be included in the daily AppImage:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
no AppImage for Linux there :cry:
I made a mistake with adding solvespace to the bundles. Next build (today) hopefully solves this.
yesssssssss, that one works (FreeCAD_0.19-17903-Linux-Conda_Py3Qt5_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage). Well done, thank-you.

And works with Asm4, except for the ExpressionEngine of course.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

ascaron wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:15 pm
realthunder wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:31 pm I just did a test build with conda and set qt to 5.12. It seems that shiboken2/pyside2 not found, which is the cause of this runtime error I assume. Any of you know anything about this? Any solutions?
I hadn't had the time to look into it yet so I don't know if it's related, but there was/is a shiboken2/pyside2/cmake related issue on newer versions of pyside2. Some variables like PYSIDE_INCLUDE_DIR were removed from pyside2 cmake files so they could not be found on build time. (see https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=3984)
Werner created a fix to load pyside2 at runtime.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this:

There is a batch posted in this bug-report. I tried to apply it but actually it doesn't solve anything for me and made the windows-build fail. So I guess we need to find a workaround by manually finding the shiboken2 / pyside2 libraries.
Grawp

Post by Grawp »

realthunder wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:25 pm Right, asm3 actually works in the LinkMerge branch. I'll soon make some changes so that it can be installed through the add-on manager.
Any news on this?
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Grawp wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:43 pm
realthunder wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:25 pm Right, asm3 actually works in the LinkMerge branch. I'll soon make some changes so that it can be installed through the add-on manager.
Any news on this?
Coming soon. I have already restructured asm3 and tried it locally, and it works fine. It's just that I was interrupted frequently to fix problems for the merge.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
BassMati

Post by BassMati »

Hi,

I really don't want to disturb, but I stumbled over a problem with expressions in sketch contraints. The situation: A sketch with a line, the length constrained with an expression like "30 mm - 30 mm * sin( 45 )". Result is 8.79 mm, which is ok. The factor sin(45) is a dimensionless value which works fine with the length in the product.

When I extract the common factor 30 mm, like so: "30 mm * ( 1 - sin(45))", I get the following error message in the Formula Editor dialog box:
"int and Base.Quantity cannot be mixed. Make sure to use matching types. 1 - sin(45)".

In the mainstream non-ASM3 version 0.19.17072 (Git) Release master, the expressions above both work fine.

If I tweak the expression in ASM3 like so, "30mm * (1/mm - sin(45)/mm)", the expression is considered to be ok, which I find a little bit puzzling.

Best regards
Ulrich
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

BassMati wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 pm If I tweak the expression in ASM3 like so, "30mm * (1/mm - sin(45)/mm)", the expression is considered to be ok, which I find a little bit puzzling.
Thanks for reporting. It is fixed now