Part -> sweep

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
baltic

Re: Part -> sweep

Post by baltic »

papyblaise wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 am but the question is why start to us Partdesign and continu whith PartWb , very bad idee
Coz Part Design crashes on those sketches. Does it crash for you?
baltic

Post by baltic »

Apparently the latest 0.19 from github doesn't crash. But it still gives messages that don't make sense.
Increasing the radius from 3mm helps to solve the problem.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Because of the way sweep is constructed everything from the sweep profile that is on the inside of the sweep path must not be on more distance from the sweep path than the minimum sweep path curvature radius. Here marked dimension on first screenshot must be less than the marked dimension on the second screenshot for the sweep to succeed. Hope that makes sence.
InsideSweepDimension.JPG
InsideSweepDimension.JPG (39.42 KiB) Viewed 699 times
InsideSweepDimension2.JPG
InsideSweepDimension2.JPG (39.42 KiB) Viewed 699 times
baltic

Post by baltic »

kisolre wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:21 pm Hope that makes sence.
Why would it? If i can change sweep curve radius to 4mm, do sweep, change it back to 3mm, and it magically works. But it can't, for some reason, do the sweep with the original 3mm curvature radius directly, without the intermediate 4mm step.
How could it possibly make sense?
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

I say you again and again , you can't bend the pipe whith a inside raduis = 0 or negative , you must have to 0.01mm minimum , use a raduis =3.01mm (in sketch005) and Bingo :!: :!: :!:
baltic

Post by baltic »

papyblaise wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:43 pm I say you again and again , you can't bend the pipe whith a inside raduis = 0 or negative , you must have to 0.01mm minimum , use a raduis =3.01mm (in sketch005) and Bingo :!: :!: :!:
I don't even know what "raduis = 0 or negative" you are talking about.
But anyway, i can. and do. i just have to do it through an intermediate step which doesn't make sense.
baltic

Post by baltic »

Ok, so if i change the curve to be completely outside of the resulting sweep figure, it works, even with curvature radius of 1mm
1.png
1.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Shall this be reported as a bug? Coz if tool requires the curve to be outside, it should check it first.
Also the error messages could be less cryptic. And the fact that it works even with the curve inside, just in two steps, is also weird.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

bend radius
now if somebody understand , explain him , I 'm very tired
Attachments
bend radius.PNG
bend radius.PNG (23.07 KiB) Viewed 679 times
baltic

Post by baltic »

papyblaise wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 pm now if somebody understand , explain him , I 'm very tired
get a sleep and start over ;)
I've got you, it just still doesn't make sense that if you change it aftewards, it works, even with "raduis = 0 or negative".
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

baltic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:03 pm But anyway, i can. and do. i just have to do it through an intermediate step which doesn't make sense.
The internal cylindrical face degrades to a line. Because of rounding errors/number representation/sketch solver precision/... this line could sometimes still be interpreted as a face and ócasionally work. If the sweep profile in inside more than the bend radius this creates selfintersecting surface which should not be valid. Checking geometry with 2.9mm bend radius gives a lot of errors - the "-0.1" radius.
Attachments
InternalFace.JPG
InternalFace.JPG (41.26 KiB) Viewed 674 times
InternalFace_Selfintersection.JPG
InternalFace_Selfintersection.JPG (117.42 KiB) Viewed 674 times
InternalFace_Selfintersection_transparent.JPG
InternalFace_Selfintersection_transparent.JPG (46.76 KiB) Viewed 674 times