Manjaro build failure

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
babaroga
Location: Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Manjaro build failure

Post by babaroga »

Hello,

Recently, I am unable to build FreeCAD from Master. Error message I get is

Code: Select all

/home/senja/freecad-qt5-py3/src/Build/Version.h.out written
[  8%] Generating Version.h
[  8%] Built target fc_version
[ 10%] Built target FreeCADApp
[ 10%] Built target FreeCADMainCmd
[ 10%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libFreeCADGui.so
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `convertWrapperToQuantity(PySide::PyObjectWrapper const&)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text+0xcf): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::operator _object*() const'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `QtMetaTypePrivate::QMetaTypeFunctionHelper<PySide::PyObjectWrapper, true>::Construct(void*, void const*)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv]+0xb): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::PyObjectWrapper(PySide::PyObjectWrapper const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv]+0x19): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::PyObjectWrapper()'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/WidgetFactory.cpp.o: in function `QtMetaTypePrivate::QMetaTypeFunctionHelper<PySide::PyObjectWrapper, true>::Destruct(void*)':
WidgetFactory.cpp:(.text._ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE8DestructEPv[_ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIN6PySide15PyObjectWrapperELb1EE8DestructEPv]+0x1): undefined reference to `PySide::PyObjectWrapper::~PyObjectWrapper()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/build.make:5884: lib/libFreeCADGui.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4922: src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
[senja@senja-linux freecad-qt5-py3]$ 
It seems like libraries missmatching.
I get same error on two machines running Manjaro linux. QT is 5.13, as well as Pyside2 and Shiboken2. Already tried a clean build.
Can anyone point me to dirrection how to solve it?
wmayer
Founder

Re: Manjaro build failure

Post by wmayer »

You have a linking error so this means that the compilation succeeded. Now the question is whether the shared library of PySide is not passed to the linker or the wrong version or the shared library is broken (possible but less likely).

Inside your build directory go to src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir you should check the files build.txt and/or link.txt. There you should be able to figure out what is passed to the linker.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

babaroga wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:39 am Recently, I am unable to build FreeCAD from Master. Error message I get is
Can you paste the PKGBUILD you're using to build FC ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
babaroga
Location: Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Post by babaroga »

I am building it from source. Since last few days it is throwing this linker errors.

Like wmayer said, libpyside2 is not passed to linker and LibShiboken2 is there (in build.make and link.txt files)
Aurelius_Nero

Need help Installing freecad due to conflicting files

Post by Aurelius_Nero »

Hi,
I tried installing freecad on my manjaro machine, and it failed due to "conflicting Files". I had previously installed Paraview which I also need due to OPENfoam. Here is the error log below.
Specs:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/y9kJPsWQY2/
operating system: Manjaro
PS: I used YaY and Pamac with zero success.

ERROR LOG: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Gxm8kXCCGr/
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Need help Installing freecad due to conflicting files

Post by Kunda1 »

Aurelius_Nero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm
What version are you trying to install on manjaro?
are you building it manually?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Aurelius_Nero

Post by Aurelius_Nero »

I am trying to install version 0.18.16144-1
and I used as stated in the original post of mine, I used "Yay" and "Pamac" and no success.

Regards
Aurelius
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Aurelius_Nero wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:20 pm I am trying to install version 0.18.16144-1
and I used as stated in the original post of mine, I used "Yay" and "Pamac" and no success.
Please report this to the Arch/Manjaro package maintainer.

Edit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freecad/
Aurelius_Nero

Post by Aurelius_Nero »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 pm Please report this to the Arch/Manjaro package maintainer.

Edit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freecad/
Thank you for your help. Made a comment on the package page.

Regards
Aurelius