Cannot edit job after saving

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
masterchippy

Cannot edit job after saving

Post by masterchippy »

Just getting into using path WOrkbench for some cnc work. Generally love how it has developed. However went back to a project a day later and can not edit job when I reopen the file. Double clicking Job in the model history takes me to the transform instead of the job setup. This only happens when I save and then restart freecad then reopen file.
Forgot after re opening the Job icon in the history changes to that of DressupTag.
Secondly Adaptive pocket seems to be too high and I have to subtract the depth from start and finish settings.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Attachments
driving wheel0.8.FCStd
(284.88 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Cannot edit job after saving

Post by chrisb »

You have somehow messed up your job. It is usually a sort of container with subelements in the tree. Can you repeat this behaviour with a very simple setup, such as
- a cube
- a job using the default tool
- a contour path?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

Hi thanks for reply. just created a block then a path job and a simple contour(does it on any operation. Saved the file and closed Freeecad. Re-opened file in freecad. Screenshot before and after shows Job icon changes to a dressup icon after re-opening. Have tried several times and on 2 different laptops.
regards
Attachments
before and after.jpg
before and after.jpg (56.32 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

Repeated again but without template. Same result and cannot edit job
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-11-10 15-34-51.png
Screenshot from 2019-11-10 15-34-51.png (119.08 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Works here (almost, but that seems to be something different, I'll open a new topic). Can you load the attached file? It's Cube+Path+Contour.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18694 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: c3ba04183e016e15410d84bae4d00556d22c7da5
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/Germany (en_DE)
Attachments
cubeContour.FCStd
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

As with my example loads but shows dressup icon for job. Think I might try backing up and deleting config to see if it is ok from scratch. Thanks
mlampert
Veteran

Post by mlampert »

Therre's something bad going on, can you check if there are any errors showing up in the Report View, and if so post those?
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

Still the same after resettin config. Funnily it only happens if I close freecad and re launch. closing the file and re-opening without closing freecad works ok with the job icon still tere and able to edit job settings.
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

mlampert wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 pm Therre's something bad going on, can you check if there are any errors showing up in the Report View, and if so post those?
Thanks this is report view message on opening file. I am not good at programming but it tells me something is not right!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 1328, in <module>
PathGuiInit.Startup()
File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathGuiInit.py", line 51, in Startup
from PathScripts import PathDressupPathBoundaryGui
File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathDressupPathBoundaryGui.py", line 27, in <module>
import PathScripts.PathJobGui as PathJobGui
<class 'AttributeError'>: module 'PathScripts' has no attribute 'PathJobGui'
masterchippy

Post by masterchippy »

Just tried loading with the appimage version. No problem with that but it is an older version of 0.19. Shame because even with an SSD the laoding time for the appimage verion is horrendous so I stick with the PPA.