Freecad Structural BIM

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
KeramS

Freecad Structural BIM

Post by KeramS »

Hello,
I am structural engineer, but beginer in Freecad but the product seems very well.I have a question for people who develloped Freecad.
In actual version is possible to create "Paper documentation in TECHdraw" for reinforcement concrete structures wih bill of reinforcements and anotations and label of bar reinforcemens? Everything placed in the paper and print to pdf. Thank you of your response.
PS: The problem for export DXf to 3D,2D structure good free aplication NANOCAD 5.0.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Freecad Structural BIM

Post by Kunda1 »

Moved to TechDraw subforum since the question is related to that and not the title.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:56 am Moved to TechDraw subforum since the question is related to that and not the title.
Somebody in the Arch/BIM world did a lot of work on concrete reinforcement (GSOC maybe, Amrit?)? That might be a better starting point.

If OP can get the desired information into a spreadsheet then the spreadsheet can be displayed in TD.

Other than that, I'm lost. I don't know enough about Arch/BIM to even begin to answer the question.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

amrit3701 wrote::bell:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 pm ...
If OP can get the desired information into a spreadsheet then the spreadsheet can be displayed in TD.
I guess it's equally possibly to write the information in rich text annotations, right? It's manual work, but it should function the same.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
amrit3701

Post by amrit3701 »

KeramS wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:10 am Hello,
I am structural engineer, but beginer in Freecad but the product seems very well.I have a question for people who develloped Freecad.
In actual version is possible to create "Paper documentation in TECHdraw" for reinforcement concrete structures wih bill of reinforcements and anotations and label of bar reinforcemens? Everything placed in the paper and print to pdf. Thank you of your response.
PS: The problem for export DXf to 3D,2D structure good free aplication NANOCAD 5.0.
Hi, there is a lot of automation present in rebar addon (https://freecadweb.org/wiki/Arch_CompRebarStraight) to create reinforcement in the structural element but the work to translate all this information (bill of material, drawings) to PDF is still pending. However you can produce PDF from tech draw workbench but have to do manual works (like, create sections of a structural element, then create dimension and create PDF).

Thanks,
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!