Control of the Plane where Projection Is Shown in StepUP

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cflin

Control of the Plane where Projection Is Shown in StepUP

Post by cflin »

StepUP is a set of tools which "marry" KiCAD and FreeCAD. During the past two or so years, thanks to [maui], it has evolved very rapidly. My understanding is that when the "3D object to 2D projection" tool is selected, the projection plane is the one of the display. However, I think that the tool insists on always showing the projection on the XY plane. Am I correct? Can this behavior be changed? If not, why does StepUP insist on showing the projection on the XY plane?
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Control of the Plane where Projection Is Shown in StepUP

Post by easyw-fc »

cflin wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:40 pm StepUP is a set of tools which "marry" KiCAD and FreeCAD. During the past two or so years, thanks to [maui], it has evolved very rapidly. My understanding is that when the "3D object to 2D projection" tool is selected, the projection plane is the one of the display. However, I think that the tool insists on always showing the projection on the XY plane. Am I correct? Can this behavior be changed? If not, why does StepUP insist on showing the projection on the XY plane?
Hi @cflin
StepUp is exposing a Draft tool to its wb.
The tool is Draft Shape2DView.
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Draft_Shape2DView
So it would be better to open a discussion on that FC tool, because StepUp is simply using it.
Maurice