freecadweb.org

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

freecadweb.org

Post by sgrogan »

After this commit: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Home ... 3f6699ecc2 the whole freecadweb.org seems quite broken

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: See here also: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 06#p352632
Last edited by sgrogan on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"fight the good fight"
openBrain
Veteran

Re: freecadweb.org

Post by openBrain »

Don't know if related to this commit, but here with a mobile, wiki seems unreachable and CSS of forum is broken (Tools menu is unfolded and inlined in the page). ;)
alonso_jamm

Post by alonso_jamm »

I also have problems with loading CSS in the forum and getting 404 errors in the wiki. And when I try to go to www.freecadweb.org I only get a blank page. I have tried with both desktop and mobile.
ezzieyguywuf

Post by ezzieyguywuf »

I have had intermittent issues on my desktop.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Mantis tracker is severely impacted too. ;)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Fixing this shortly.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 pm Fixing this shortly.
Thanks! Sorry for the crap show :oops:
"fight the good fight"
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It was actually my fault as I left the bad Travis config which caused it originally in the repo after fixing it the last time so it was just a matter of whoever committed to the repo next. I fixed that and so now everything should hopefully be back to normal.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:00 pm It was actually my fault as I left the bad Travis config which caused it originally in the repo after fixing it the last time so it was just a matter of whoever committed to the repo next. I fixed that and so now everything should hopefully be back to normal.
Thanks. Would it be better if in the future I just make a pull request? I was trying to save you work not make new work :(
"fight the good fight"
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

sgrogan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:03 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:00 pm It was actually my fault as I left the bad Travis config which caused it originally in the repo after fixing it the last time so it was just a matter of whoever committed to the repo next. I fixed that and so now everything should hopefully be back to normal.
Thanks. Would it be better if in the future I just make a pull request? I was trying to save you work not make new work :(
Unfortunately so, until we get an automated way to deploy, since changes will still have to be uploaded manually.

For the record I did some investigation on this and our hosting provider only supports FTP secured with SSL on port 21, not SFTP on port 22, which is the exact opposite of what Travis supports, so until we migrate from shared hosting to a VPS, it will have to be manual. (Unless we were to try a different CI provider which may not work either.) I have a plan to migrate the bug tracker to a VPS first as an experiment, I just need Werner or Yorik to add a DNS A record pointing tracker.freecadweb.org to 104.248.47.186 (a server in DigitalOcean's Frankfurt datacenter) as I don't think I have DNS access for the freecadweb.org domain. With this plan, existing freecadweb.org/tracker/... links will work but redirect to the same resource on tracker.freecadweb.org/...