[solved] recompute page

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

[solved] recompute page

Post by david69 »

as I was translating the tree view wiki page, i noted that [recompute/fr|something_in_French] doesn't work.

if we click on [recompute|recompute], it sends us to https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Std_Refresh. we can note for a short while a page "recompute" appearing. something is certainly not properly tuned for that page.
Last edited by david69 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renatorivo
Veteran

Re: recompute page

Post by renatorivo »

Recompute must be redirected to Std Refresh.
Created https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.p ... compute/fr see if it works.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

david69 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:15 pm as I was translating the tree view wiki page, i noted that [recompute/fr|something_in_French] doesn't work.
This is the problem with using redirections. As it is now, recompute is a redirect to Std_Refresh. They should be used very sparingly.

Instead of [[recompute|recompute]]. We should write [[Std_Refresh|recompute]].

Translating redirects is possible, but it's extra work that we don't want to do. If you find things like this in the wiki, try changing the English page to point to the real page, instead of using a redirect.

A redirection is still useful in the forum. For example, recompute and Std_Refresh will point to the same page.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

on my translation, I've left [recompute/fr|blala_French] and everything is fixed now on the tree view page.
thanks Renatorivo. it's like a workaround. I agree with Vocx, the best is that writers avoid redirection.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

david69 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:24 pm on my translation, I've left [recompute/fr|blala_French] ...
Then don't. Use [[Std_Refresh/fr|blabla_French]].
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
david69
Veteran

Re: [solved] recompute page

Post by david69 »

Vocx I'll do on the French wiki but let imagine that tomorrow a French gives a look and thinks there is a mismatch with the English version. what is his/her reaction?

I'm going to modify the English version too in this way.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

david69 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:16 pm ...
I'm going to modify the English version too in this way.
Yes.

(It's already been done.)
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

thank you Vocx, I was on the point to do it now.