I am testing Arch WB using a few feature including Link and other new features I am experimenting there. In the processing @Realthundar helped to resolve some bug / add some features ...
Link of Array Solid Subtraction Do Not Create Openings
Link Object (Sketch) has no separate MapMode/ Attachment Offset ?
Here is the current issue / usecase:-
(Sorry that I am not a programmer so I may have not use the exact terms or jargons)
- I am using SketchObjectPython and experimenting add methods to automatically recomputing its Attachment Offset (on top of MapMode) / Placement.
- Great Link helps to reproduce 'instance' of the SketchObjectPython Shape
- Great that Link allow to addExtension of the MapMode
- But the 'methods' of each 'instance' / Link of the SketchObjectPython seems not longer available?
- I am thinking each 'instance' / Link of the SketchObjectPython can determine its AttachmentOffset/Placement, whilst its shape are consistent
- One of the trick part maybe in the method() I use added object's property e.g. App::PropertyLink, App::PropertyString so that these should be 'instance / Link' - specific
- 'Instance / Link 1' to SketchObjectPython + Method() to calculate THIS INSTANCE's AttachmentOffset / Placement
- 'Instance / Link 2' to SketchObjectPython + Method() to calculate THIS INSTANCE's AttachmentOffset / Placement
Similarly, Part:FeaturePython objects like Arch object has not longer access to the Methods()
Code: Select all
App.ActiveDocument.addObject("Sketcher::SketchObjectPython",name) class ArchSketch(): def __init__(self, obj): obj.addProperty("App::PropertyLink","MasterSketch","Reference ","Master Sketch to Attach on") obj.addProperty("App::PropertyString","MasterSketchSubelement","Reference","Master Sketch Sub-Element to Attach on") return None def execute(self, fp): ''' Methods to calculate its AttachmentOffset in MapMode ''' fp.recompute()
[EDIT:realthunder wrote: Sorry to Ping you again !
Likewise, a Link has ElementCount but similarly each of the 'Element' only has 'hardcode-input' Placement for individual 'Instance' / Link but no 'methods' to automatically calculate it ...]
Thanks for any idea to do that usecase / circumvent it ?
This may go into Help or better Python scripting and macros?