Highlight points

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AAN

Highlight points

Post by AAN »

Hi.

I am learning FreeCAD and I have some problems with point selection. I have seen in some videos that when you want to draw a line between two points, when you hover over a line, FreeCAD automatically highlights the selected points, for example midpoint, and presents them as a solid circle. I imagine that for FreeCAD to do this it is necessary to indicate it in the preferences, but I cannot find it. I have already looked at many tutorials and I have searched this forum, but I cannot find the answer. Can someone help me?

Thanks. Regards.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Highlight points

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Are you talking about Draft workbench? Then have a look at Draft Snap.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
AAN

Post by AAN »

Hi.

Thanks for your wellcome.

Exactly, I'm talking about Draft workbench. Unfortunately, the page you indicate is not my doubt. I had already visited it and it doesn't indicate anything about what I want to get. What I want to appear is what you see in the following image:

In the video FreeCAD automatically detected the midpoint of the line and placed a white solid circle at that point. I don't get FreeCAD to do this. I think it must be something of the program configuration, but I can't find it. Where is it?

Thanks. Regards.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

Hi
Just under your nose , in the "Snap tools bar , you have to verify if the adhequat button is greis or blue , if greis clik on it became bleue
AAN

Post by AAN »

Hi.

I know that I have to activate the type of point I want to select (endpoint, midpoint, intersection, ...) in the Snap tools bar, but that isn't then problem. Although the button is activated, I cannot do what I have said in the previous messages.

Thanks. Regards.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

I don't use that very often , but I can verify now when all the bar is active nothing work maybe to many , unselect the majority and save only one or two , at home it's work like that
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

AAN wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 am ... Can someone help me?
Important information
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
AAN

Post by AAN »

papyblaise wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm I don't use that very often , but I can verify now when all the bar is active nothing work maybe to many , unselect the majority and save only one or two , at home it's work like that
Hi.

The problem is the same with the entire bar activated or with a single activated type.

Thanks. Regards.
AAN

Post by AAN »

vocx wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm
AAN wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 am ... Can someone help me?
Important information
Hi.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0