uwestoehr wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am
Many thanks! So we can improve the workflow with TD a lot.
I found now some time and implemented it accordingly: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3124
Now removing objects is much easier since you get now only a warning, if necessary and warning with text for the specific case. Moreover the deletion of an anchor view is now forbidden because this would destroy the projection group.
The PR improves the situation already, despite I can imagine there is more fine-tuning to do for some TD objects. For this case , here is the base structure:
* Page: all objects on a page can be deleted; if the page itself should be deleted, issue a warning if it is not empty
* Template: issue a warning because deletion this will break the page, nevertheless allow the deletion if the users insists.
* ProjectionGroup: all objects in a ProjectionGroup can be deleted; if the ProjectionGroup itself should be deleted, issue a warning if it is not empty
* ProjectionGroupItem: all objects in a ProjectionGroupItem can be deleted; block if the ProjectionGroupItem to be deleted is the anchor of a ProjectionGroup because this would break the ProjectionGroup
* low-level objects like dimensions: they don't need special treatments, you can just delete them, either directly or by deleting their view.
I will have the next days a look to check if special objects like e.g. RichAnno need warnings. However, the PR itself does not harm the situation of these objects -> if they can already be deleted, they can still be deleted.