Problem when carrying out the sweep

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mitu7362

Problem when carrying out the sweep

Post by mitu7362 »

Hello everyone,

I have encounterd a problem when I try to make the extension spring by using the sweep.
For some reasons I have to keep the spiral line of the spring in segments, just like what it is when I try to generate the spiral line using the GUI. However, the error "spine is not connected " always appears and the sweep is faild, but I cannot find any broken points. What interesting is, when I change the spiral line to the continuous form by using the python-commands with completely the same parameters, the sweep works without any problems.
What could be the problem? :cry:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Chinese/China (zh_CN)
Attachments
Segments.FCStd
(35.09 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Continuous.FCStd
(73.35 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Segments.png
Segments.png (24.16 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Continuous.png
Continuous.png (99.33 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Last edited by mitu7362 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Problem when carrying out the sweep

Post by chrisb »

You can try 0.19 or upload your file.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mitu7362

Post by mitu7362 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:04 am You can try 0.19 or upload your file.
Hello Chrisb.
The FCStd files are in my post. I have tried with 0.19 but it does not help.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

mitu7362 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 am when I change the spiral line to the continuous form by using the python-commands
Could you give some more details on that ?
Actually he problem I find is that the 'Spine' property of the Sweep (you can see it with right-click on the Property Editor -> Show all) has no edge selected but only an object. Thus it complains that the Spine actually has no edge.
If you create a new sweep and select all individual edges with the mouse, it works correctly.
What I'm interested in is understanding what is exactly your 'continuous' mode so I can investigate why it succeeds in your second file (what I wound not have expected). ;)
mitu7362

Post by mitu7362 »

openBrain wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:47 pm
mitu7362 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 am when I change the spiral line to the continuous form by using the python-commands
Could you give some more details on that ?
Actually he problem I find is that the 'Spine' property of the Sweep (you can see it with right-click on the Property Editor -> Show all) has no edge selected but only an object. Thus it complains that the Spine actually has no edge.
If you create a new sweep and select all individual edges with the mouse, it works correctly.
What I'm interested in is understanding what is exactly your 'continuous' mode so I can investigate why it succeeds in your second file (what I wound not have expected). ;)
Hello openBrain:
At first thanks a lot for the reply. I think these scrennshots explain the two forms that I mean well. Above: Spine in segments. Under: Spine in continuous form.
I have also attached the excerpts of the python-commands for generating the two types of the spiral lines, respectively. Sorry that I cannot upload all of the codes since it is a project that is still ongoing:( .The parameters used in these two excerpts are completely the same.
Attachments
Excerpt_Segments.py
(675 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times
Excerpt_Continuous.py
(295 Bytes) Downloaded 18 times
Segment2.png
Segment2.png (32.64 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Continuous2.png
Continuous2.png (26.25 KiB) Viewed 685 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I guess the problem is the numbering of the segments. Hover over them and you will see that they are not connected in consecutive order.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mitu7362

Post by mitu7362 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 pm I guess the problem is the numbering of the segments. Hover over them and you will see that they are not connected in consecutive order.
Hello Chrisb:
I have found another way to do it so that this problem can be avoided. Anyway thanks a lot.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

continuous complete (Macro_Dxf_To_Shape)

principle discretize all object (verify the direction) save the coordinate part to part and load the complete file and raccord the coordinates

Continuous02.FCStd
(35.03 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
mitu7362

Post by mitu7362 »

mario52 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:25 am hi

continuous complete (Macro_Dxf_To_Shape)

principle discretize all object (verify the direction) save the coordinate part to part and load the complete file and raccord the coordinates

Continuous02.FCStd

mario
Hello Mario52:
Thanks a lot for the tips. Will give it a try.