[SOLVED] Help with linuxcnc_post?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Help with linuxcnc_post?

Post by chrisb »

AwesomeCronk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:07 pm The only reason I have been trying this route is the following video tutorial:
(It's always a good idea to link the position or give it at least in the text, otherwise it may waste many people's time)
What the guy is doing for exporting in the video is absolute rubbish. Best thing you can do is forget it completely. The simulation is an approximation and this improper export has been removed anyway.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
AwesomeCronk

Post by AwesomeCronk »

@m0n5t3r

Thank you!! I have the proper CNC file now. I must now look into getting it uploaded to the machine!

Thanks for making and sharing the video!
AwesomeCronk

Post by AwesomeCronk »

SUCCESS!!!

I post-processed the job as CNC3.ngc, loaded it onto a 512MB flash drive, then plugged the drive into the router. I auto-homed, then moved the tool over where I wanted the origin point. I zeroed x and y, then set the tool-setting puck on the workbed. After zeroing the z-axis onto the workbed, I initiated the program. It ran through and finished in 10 seconds or less!!

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped me through this!
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

AwesomeCronk wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm SUCCESS!!!

I post-processed the job as CNC3.ngc, loaded it onto a 512MB flash drive, then plugged the drive into the router. I auto-homed, then moved the tool over where I wanted the origin point. I zeroed x and y, then set the tool-setting puck on the workbed. After zeroing the z-axis onto the workbed, I initiated the program. It ran through and finished in 10 seconds or less!!

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped me through this!
Photo of finished parts required. :lol:
AwesomeCronk

Post by AwesomeCronk »

@dubstar-04

It only cut out the base. I will have to add the edges to the job. I’ll get pics tomorrow, hopefully. If not by then, then hopefully by Monday.
AwesomeCronk

Re: [SOLVED] Help with linuxcnc_post?

Post by AwesomeCronk »

Here is the first round. I have since changed the cut pattern to a spiral and lowered the overlap. This should fix the funky edges, but I have not had a chance to try it out.
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG (292.9 KiB) Viewed 701 times
dubstar-04

Re: [SOLVED] Help with linuxcnc_post?

Post by dubstar-04 »

AwesomeCronk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:23 pm Here is the first round. I have since changed the cut pattern to a spiral and lowered the overlap. This should fix the funky edges, but I have not had a chance to try it out.
IMG_2684.JPG
Superb! Thanks for sharing. It's great to see path being used!