Welding Symbol Testing Help

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Welding Symbol Testing Help

Post by wandererfan »

Tamirov.ru wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:18 am Because of lack of tech draw symbols: GD&T, roughness, Welding, etc. in ALL Internet! I started making SVG tech drawing symbols library.
I'm not SVG guru or professional designer, but it's better than nothing ))
It's free! You can take this SVGs and modify as you wish. I want to notice, I'm making these SVGs in Notepad, so the code is very small and clear.
Thank you for the symbols. I will add them in my next update. (If you make more, please make them 64x64 pixels)
For russian-speaking there is TechDraw 0.19 small review http://freecad-gost.ru/news/techdraw-01 ... 5-01-2020/
BTW.
Mr Google read the review to me. Very nice. I will try to pick out the issues identified and work on them.
freecad-gost.ru is already famous - see the last point here https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/TechDra ... ates#Notes

According to GOST [url=http://docs.cntd.ru/document
I think is similar to ISO — two bold dashes (if no any line between them - is OK) and section name (e.g. A-A) is above the view, not under.
See "Section Line Standard" on the Dimensions tab of preferences. There was a problem with the preference not being applied, but that has been fixed recently.
The label still appears at the bottom. Have to look at that.
Attachments
ISOSectionLine.png
ISOSectionLine.png (8.48 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:00 pm..If you make more, please make them 64x64 pixels..
May be on the next week I'll try to make 64x64 version of these symbols.
Частный вебмастер, разработка сайтов, продвижение сайтов.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Tamirov.ru wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:30 pm May be on the next week I'll try to make 64x64 version of these symbols.
I've made 64x64 version of your first group. You could make additional ones in 64x64? :D

We have 1 subdirectory of Welding Symbols - AWS (American Welding Society). Should yours go into a GOST directory or an ISO directory?
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 pm I've made 64x64 version of your first group. You could make additional ones in 64x64? :D
i'll try. May I have a look at yours? for best practices, so to speak.
wandererfan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 pm Should yours go into a GOST directory or an ISO directory?
On https://freecad-gost.ru/references/tech ... g-symbols/ , IMHO, ГОСТ 2.312-72 should go to "GOST" folder, all others - ISO.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Tamirov.ru wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:44 pm i'll try. May I have a look at yours? for best practices, so to speak.
Best practices? Don't know about that, but my revisions to your originals should be in master by now. ..Mod/TechDraw/Symbols/Welding/GOST.

When I did the AWS symbols, for most of them I did a version for above the leader("arrow side") and another for below the leader ("other side"). I don't know if this is unique to AWS symbols. Looking back, I probably should have just used one symbol definition and mirrored the symbol for "other side".
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:09 pm Looking back, I probably should have just used one symbol definition and mirrored the symbol for "other side".
Hmm.. If programmatically it's simpler to mirror symbols, perhaps this is better case. And may be it's good idea to make a rotation* property for symbols?
BTW, why don't You use Inkscape's "Save as 'Optimised SVG'"? Mr. Google can translate for You my article about benefits of clean SVG
https://freecad-gost.ru/news/gost-templ ... 9-01-2020/
..Oh I see, only several first symbols are not cleaned..
UPD.
*rotation property.. I meant and displacement.
Image But.. these are rare cases.. and probably it isn't worth it!
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:00 pm (If you make more, please make them 64x64 pixels)
Hi, Wandererfan! I started 64x64 version, but came across with small challenge: to make them uniform (I tried to imagine how will they correspond to font size).. I can't :D. and don't know is it really necessary..
The only thing I decided to adhere is 5px from left and 4px bottom as baseline.
I made 6 symbols ГОСТ 2.312-72 see attachment.
The SVG-code is very simple! So I advice you to correct them (if necessary) in notepad ;) So it will be clear for further investigations.
Attachments
gost-2_312-64x64.zip
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Maybe post for assistance on the UI/UX subforum?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:35 pm Maybe post for assistance on the UI/UX subforum?
Don't think so.
I'm making 64x64 version for all symbols. And fixing some 100%-size version symbols too. May be in two days will put all library here.
Tamirov.ru

Post by Tamirov.ru »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:00 pm64x64 pixels
Done.
ГОСТ 2.308-2011. (ISO GD&T)
ГОСТ 2.309-73. (ISO 1302, Surface finish (roughness) symbols)
ГОСТ 2.312-72
ГОСТ Р ИСО 2553-2017. (ISO 2553, Welding symbols)
In Zip attachment
To see in browser: https://freecad-gost.ru/references/tech ... bols-64px/
techdraw_64x64.zip
TechDraw symbols 64*64px
(20.83 KiB) Downloaded 72 times