Creating a new sub-subforum on Wiki subforum for renaming wiki pages

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Creating a new sub-subforum on Wiki subforum for renaming wiki pages

Post by Kunda1 »

Can i get a green light to create a subforum on the wiki Subforum?
See https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... um#p374924
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Creating a new sub-subforum on WIki subforum for renaming wiki pages

Post by Kunda1 »

any mods with high enough privs to do this ?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:22 pm any mods with high enough privs to do this ?
yorik wrote::bell:
@yorik do you mind setting this up?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

I think this subforum is unnecessary. This wiki forum already receives pretty low traffic, so creating more subforums would be a waste once there is no activity.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

If the subforum helps people keep taps on the renaming of wiki pages I am all for it.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Lets make the subforum and then remove it once we've remove the backlog ?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 am Lets make the subforum and then remove it once we've remove the backlog ?
Forums are not revision control systems. If you want to do that, it's much easier to create a Git repository where the problem pages are tracked in text files, or using issues in GitHub. You are already tracking a bunch of dependencies and things like that using Git; same principle.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm Forums are not revision control systems. If you want to do that, it's much easier to create a Git repository where the problem pages are tracked in text files, or using issues in GitHub. You are already tracking a bunch of dependencies and things like that using Git; same principle.
I sort of grok you. With that logic, we could also create a wiki page..or we could have a trello board?

Edit: BTW, I've been trying to fix the pywikibot script. Overcome some errors and now working on fixing a new one.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:03 pm I sort of grok you. With that logic, we could also create a wiki page..or we could have a trello board?
I don't know what that trello is, but yes, we can use other things, the wiki itself to track wiki pages! Or we could get Monday dot com. Man, I've seen a million ads of those guys in the recent days.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Creating a new sub-subforum on Wiki subforum for renaming wiki pages

Post by Kunda1 »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 pm Man, I've seen a million ads of those guys in the recent days.
never heard of 'em. Maybe because I use an adblocker ?

PrezmoF and myself are still trying to debug a problem in pywikibot so we can't do sweeping renames of wiki pages just yet. Will keep y'all updated. In the meantime, I think we should try trello as an experiment to see if we can organize documentation needs. I'll look in to starting a new board and invite whomever is interested. I will need emails in order to invite the ones who want to participate. Please PM them to me.