[ Fixed ] [ Bug ] Draft problem with coordinate input

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
carlopav
Veteran

Re: [ Bug ] Draft problem with coordinate input

Post by carlopav »

fc_tofu wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm Other issues I thought as limitation of FC coordinate, pls give some consideration.
1. DraftWB, if you enter a unitless number, FC treat it as "mm", not prefered-unit-system, ie, MKS (Preferences>General>Unit>Unit system).
2. Most workbenches (PartWB/PartDesignWB/Sketcher/TechDraw), donnot take prefered-unit-system as a matter. They alway use "mm", or adatpive unit in some cases.
3. FC saves prefered-unit-system in Preferences ("user.cfg"), which is not as convinient as file properties (.FCStd), IMHO.
thanks fc_tofu, I agree with what you point out, but that's beyond my possibilities ATM. Consider that with this PR it will be more difficult to delete the units in the inputfields since just the numerical part will be selected by default.
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
fc_tofu

Post by fc_tofu »

carlopav wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:21 pm
fc_tofu wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm Other issues I thought as limitation of FC coordinate, pls give some consideration.
1. DraftWB, if you enter a unitless number, FC treat it as "mm", not prefered-unit-system, ie, MKS (Preferences>General>Unit>Unit system).
2. Most workbenches (PartWB/PartDesignWB/Sketcher/TechDraw), donnot take prefered-unit-system as a matter. They alway use "mm", or adatpive unit in some cases.
3. FC saves prefered-unit-system in Preferences ("user.cfg"), which is not as convinient as file properties (.FCStd), IMHO.
thanks fc_tofu, I agree with what you point out, but that's beyond my possibilities ATM. Consider that with this PR it will be more difficult to delete the units in the inputfields since just the numerical part will be selected by default.
ok, thank you.

Whith your fix applied on my machine, normal input unit can avoid focus as this fix's intention. But, with x/y/z constraint, unit focus issue still exist.

version: FreeCAD_0.19.19510_x64_LP_12.1.2_PY3QT5-WinVS2015
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Roy_043 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 am ping
PR has been merged now by Yorik, can you please check next build and report if it's ok for you?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

carlopav wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm PR has been merged now by Yorik, can you please check next build and report if it's ok for you?
I also wanted to mention this.

Please check that your code was merged correctly. Some of my pull requests were merged as well, but there are others pending.

I have to rebase a few of my requests because now they conflict with DraftTools, DraftEdit, and DraftGui. I have to check this so that I don't accidentally override your changes.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

vocx wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm Please check that your code was merged correctly. Some of my pull requests were merged as well, but there are others pending.
Seems so. ATM the upstream code seems ok with my changes on DraftGui, init_tools and DraftEdit.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

carlopav wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Roy_043 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 am ping
PR has been merged now by Yorik, can you please check next build and report if it's ok for you?
Thanks for your work.
What release number should I be looking for?
FreeCAD_0.19.?????_x64_LP_12.1.2_PY3QT5-WinVS2015.7z
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

:oops: I dont know...
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Roy_043 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:01 am What release number should I be looking for?
Carlo's latest commit was git commit 8fd55eb6. See https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commits/8fd55eb6.

Code: Select all

git rev-list --count 8fd55eb6
So you could test any release after 0.19.20013.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

thx, don't know how to get it from gitKraken...
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

carlopav wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:21 pm thx, don't know how to get it from gitKraken...
You can't in gitkraken, but you can Invoke a terminal via the gitkraken alt+t shortcut. It will open a terminal who's current working directory will be the directory that you've cloned the repo into. Then just copy/paste the above code vocx provided.

Edit: spelling
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs