Open Source Ventilator

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
keithsloan52
Veteran

Open Source Ventilator

Post by keithsloan52 »

https://opensourceventilator.ie/
We are a team of volunteers who are working day and night at the moment to develop a low-cost and open-source ventilator to help save lives and aid the recovery of COVID19 patients.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Open Source Ventilator

Post by Kunda1 »

keithsloan52 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 am https://opensourceventilator.ie/
We are a team of volunteers who are working day and night at the moment to develop a low-cost and open-source ventilator to help save lives and aid the recovery of COVID19 patients.
:+1:
Should we reach out ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It's not fully clear to me what has to be done.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

I get the impression that you register and based on the info you provide they may contact, but they have over 1000 people register.
I am guessing that if you say you have access to a 3D printer you might have a better chance of being contacted, but that is just a guess.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

keithsloan52 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:13 pm I get the impression that you register and based on the info you provide they may contact, but they have over 1000 people register.
I am guessing that if you say you have access to a 3D printer you might have a better chance of being contacted, but that is just a guess.
Can someone say they represent the FreeCAD Community and that perhaps the different skillsets we offer could be of use ?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 pm
keithsloan52 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:13 pm I get the impression that you register and based on the info you provide they may contact, but they have over 1000 people register.
Can someone say they represent the FreeCAD Community and that perhaps the different skillsets we offer could be of use ?
Don't see why not.

What have you/we got to loose by registering - see link of https://opensourceventilator.ie/
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Just had a thought, back in my youth I worked my way through scuba diving class and eventually got into advanced diving. To do the advanced dive coarse I had to really dig into the physics of the human and also the equipment. The medical ventilator; I'm thinking the scuba regulator device is very similar to a medical ventilator. The mouth held regulator is designed to create a slight atmospheric pressure increase such that when you take in a breath the diaphragm opens a valve and air is forced into your lungs. The word forced is a small force, it was designed to overcome the pressure change between the regulator and your lungs while under water, a fraction of a PSI.

Maybe these could be modified to make ventilators.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

freedman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:45 am Just had a thought, back in my youth I worked my way through scuba diving class and eventually got into advanced diving.
Maybe these could be modified to make ventilators.
This guys modded a snorkeling mask to act as ventilator
https://www.isinnova.it/easy-covid19-eng/
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I get the feeling the hood could be made of many things, just needs to seal around the face or head. I wonder if the pump could be just a standard small blower fan, I would think they are right in the range for filling lungs. I used variable speed DC blowers to feed air into a small furnace for a fuel converter, we controlled the speed of the fan and a fuel pump to control burn rate. I would also think a person hooked to one of these could possibly adjust a power supply for max comfort.

This may sound weird but these are weird times.
fmluizao

Post by fmluizao »