Animation help

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Orangeblossm

Animation help

Post by Orangeblossm »

Hello, I'm new to here and FreeCad but I'm trying my best. I have an assembled sketch that I want to animate on FreeCad 0.18. I'm not sure how to do it, if I should use exploded assembly or something else.

I simply want to animate the two gears I have in the sketch. The larger gear I'd like to rotate 90 degrees clockwise. Which means the smaller gear may rotate a couple times. At the end I want to record it so it plays like an avi. file. :cry: Please help.

I tried to download Assembly 4 but it doesn't work with my version.

Also I suppose it's possible to use Python to code it but I have never used Python before so that may be difficult. :oops:
Attachments
final2 - Copy.FCStd
(383.04 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Animation help

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you are not familiar with python programming you may try the animation workbench. I'm not sure it works with 0.19, so please report back.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Orangeblossm

Post by Orangeblossm »

chrisb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 pm Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you are not familiar with python programming you may try the animation workbench. I'm not sure it works with 0.19, so please report back.
Hi chrisb! Oh my God thank you so much! That worked great! My animation isn't perfect but I didn't have it downloaded as a workbench so I couldn't use it before. Thanks so much! :cry: :D You have no idea have you have helped me!

I watched some Youtube videos on how to use it and now I'm all set! I've attached my finished project~ :mrgreen:

Now I might add some more animations or make the bar on the larger gear move too. Thanks again chrisb!!
Attachments
final2 - Copy.FCStd
(384.04 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Orangeblossm

Post by Orangeblossm »

Also I need to figure out how to make it into an avi. file.... I'm not sure if I can do that :oops:
Orangeblossm

Post by Orangeblossm »

Orangeblossm wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:40 am

Also I need to figure out how to make it into an avi. file.... I'm not sure if I can do that :oops:
OK. I downloaded the "Active presenter" screen recorder app and you can export the video as an avi. file. Solved my own issue! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks go, of course, to the creator of this workbench. Did you use it with 0.18 or 0.19?
Orangeblossm wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:40 am Also I need to figure out how to make it into an avi. file.... I'm not sure if I can do that :oops:
I don't think you can do this directly. You need a program which can grab part of the screen and create an avi. This depends on the operating system you use.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Orangeblossm wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:57 am OK. I downloaded the "Active presenter"
That's a great program; I used it to make my video tutorials some years ago when I was using Windows XP...