Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
kisolre
Posts: 2102
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby kisolre » Tue May 19, 2020 11:09 pm

benc wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm
Can you post the endview?
You mean the whole 10" like this?
Attachments
Shaft3.JPG
Shaft3.JPG (54.51 KiB) Viewed 223 times
benc
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby benc » Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am

kisolre wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:09 pm
benc wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm
Can you post the endview?
You mean the whole 10" like this?

Good enough. For some reason the aspect seems different. Maybe my eyes are strained.

Can we determine the width of the "nub" on the end and increase the grove diameter by the same amount?

Can you recommend someone who does 3D prints?
benc
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby benc » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 am

Freecam forum administrators -- is the paypal account for Jürgen ok for making a donation? Or would another account serve you better?
User avatar
kkremitzki
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby kkremitzki » Wed May 20, 2020 5:43 am

IMO https://liberapay.com/FreeCAD is best but others may chime in, there is also for example https://www.bountysource.com/teams/freecad
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Posts: 24244
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby chrisb » Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 am

Many thanks to benc but even more to kisolre who made this donation possible!
kisolre
Posts: 2102
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby kisolre » Wed May 20, 2020 6:09 am

benc wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am
Can we determine the width of the "nub" on the end and increase the grove diameter by the same amount?
Not sure what exactly do you have in mind. Could you mark it over the image? It sounds like you want to remove those little protrusions? they are formed by the intersections of the cuts. Maybe just moving the cuts along the shaft will fix that? Because if the grove diameter is increased this will require different tool...
.
Attachments
Shaft4.JPG
Shaft4.JPG (61.09 KiB) Viewed 182 times
kisolre
Posts: 2102
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby kisolre » Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 am

benc wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am
Can you recommend someone who does 3D prints?
Shapeways ?
.
Attachments
Shapeways1.JPG
Shapeways1.JPG (98.64 KiB) Viewed 180 times
benc
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby benc » Wed May 20, 2020 1:49 pm

kisolre wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:09 am
benc wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am
Can we determine the width of the "nub" on the end and increase the grove diameter by the same amount?
Not sure what exactly do you have in mind. Could you mark it over the image? It sounds like you want to remove those little protrusions? they are formed by the intersections of the cuts. Maybe just moving the cuts along the shaft will fix that? Because if the grove diameter is increased this will require different tool...
.

The nub you marked is exactly what I was referring to. I believe those projections will be subject to advanced erosion much more than the surrounding think sections.

If we increase the diameter of the ball mill, but keep the same depth, that should increase throughput while eliminating these weak points.
benc
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby benc » Wed May 20, 2020 1:53 pm

chrisb wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 am
Many thanks to benc but even more to kisolre who made this donation possible!

DeanY3 and Kisoire have both been working with me. These two Cadsters are excellent.
Last edited by benc on Wed May 20, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benc
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Postby benc » Wed May 20, 2020 1:53 pm

kisolre wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 am
benc wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am
Can you recommend someone who does 3D prints?
Shapeways ?
.


That works. :-)