How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
w_m0zart

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by w_m0zart »

@Kunda1, thanks for creating the wiki account.
daleyEm

Post by daleyEm »

Currently working through the FEM tutorials and there are several areas I'd like to improve on/update. I'll PM for wiki access. Cheers.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

daleyEm wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:29 pm Currently working through the FEM tutorials and there are several areas I'd like to improve on/update. I'll PM for wiki access. Cheers.
For further questions and information, ask Bernd in the FEM subforum.

And do please contribute as much as possible. Even if it looks like the documentation is vast, plenty of it was written a long time ago so it may not be up to date.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
rorrr

Post by rorrr »

Just worked through the Basic Part Design Tutorial 017 tutorial and noticed a missing "create a rectangle" I'll pm for wiki editing perms after this is approved.
Thanks,
Robert
hefrimu

Post by hefrimu »

I just started with FreeCAD and reading through the German tutorials. As I see here https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/PartDesign_NewSketch/de There is still lots of english text, which I'd like help to translate. But I don't have editing permissions yet and as I am new in the forum I don't have the permissions to send a PM to an admin for askin for permissions either.
Therefore plase PM me and allow me to edit the wiki, in case you want me to help.
--
hefrimu
Simone Pa

Post by Simone Pa »

Hello!
I just started learning FreeCAD, and I want to contribute to Italian translation of the wiki.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Please PM me your wiki username and a valid email address. Thanks for volunteering
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
ProfRoPa

Post by ProfRoPa »

I just started to learn FreeCAD and I like it very much.
Learning means to study the wiki, and there are a lot of missing translations for German language.
So it may be a good idea not only reading but also translating, after understanding details.
Best regards
Robert
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

ProfRoPa wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:39 am I just started to learn FreeCAD and I like it very much.
Learning means to study the wiki, and there are a lot of missing translations for German language.
So it may be a good idea not only reading but also translating, after understanding details.
Best regards
Robert
Is this your first time participating in the FreeCAD community? We usually don't give wiki access right off the bat to folks who don't have some previous forum participation (this is your first post). This is done for SPAM prevention reasons, no offense. What pages are you offering to edit?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
pandaero

Post by pandaero »

Hi, I couldn't figure out where else to post my first post. I'm an aerospace engineering graduate with experience in Autodesk Inventor and DS CATIA. Since childhood I really enjoyed technical CAD, and I was thinking I can be of help with this community.

I am a native Spanish and English speaker, so translating some Wiki pages and adding to the existing ones is something I'd like to start doing, maybe further on help with development. The first thing I wanted to add to the Wiki was under "Installation", I found that the windows package manager "scoop" includes FreeCAD and this installation method didn't appear.

Best wishes to everyone and thanks!