Scale and rotation in TechDraw don't work for me

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lalebarde

Scale and rotation in TechDraw don't work for me

Post by lalebarde »

Hi,

I am new on FreeCAD and have the last version 0.18. I am trying to use TechDraw since I need to print some design. I have followed two tutorials [https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Basic_TechDraw_Tutorial/en, https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Manual:Gene ... D_drawings].

My understanding is:
  • From a template, I can layout my design with all the views I want
  • When I select both an object in the 3D view and a page, then click on Insert view in page, it inserts it into the page as it is in the 3D view
  • I can then access the parameters of the wiew projected in the page via the tree list, and tune the position of the view in the page, its orientation, scale, and even modify the projection from the 3D model
So I have performed a test, and unfortunately, only position change works, not the scale, nor the orientation, nor the 3D projection.

In the following basic example, I want to scale at 0.5 and rotate 90° to fit the template, but nothing happens. Obviously, I have performed some mistakes, but where?
Screenshot_2020-05-24_20-20-03.png
Screenshot_2020-05-24_20-20-03.png (44.26 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Strange, after having added title and hatch on a face, the scale and rotation has been eventuelly taken inti account :

Screenshot_2020-05-24_21-45-21.png
Screenshot_2020-05-24_21-45-21.png (39.03 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Scale and rotation in TechDraw don't work for me

Post by Roy_043 »

The blue markers in the Tree view in your first image indicate that the document requires a recompute (see Std_Refresh).
lalebarde

Post by lalebarde »

That has not solved the problem. That said, after the refresh, the view has been lost, I had to rebuilt it.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

lalebarde wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 pm So I have performed a test, and unfortunately, only position change works, not the scale, nor the orientation, nor the 3D projection.
If you change the Scale on a View, but the ScaleType is still set to Page, the Page scale will override the View scale.

For Rotation or Direction, change the parameter in the property editor, then press Recompute.

I don't recall any issues with disappearing Views in v0.18. Try View All? Maybe it has moved out of the visible window?
Attachments
scaleAndRotate.png
scaleAndRotate.png (149.01 KiB) Viewed 863 times
lalebarde

Post by lalebarde »

I was looking for the redraw button which has been removed in version 0.18 but reimplemented in v0.19. Eventually, one need to use the Refresh button and then it works.

Many thanks for your help.